➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

One thermometer always lies.
Two thermometers - one is lying and you don't know which.
Three thermometers - always agree. Or the liar gets thrown away.
Good luck with the hatch!
They are side by side. I didn't think about putting a third in. I was very limited for space in the GoodMother Incubator.

Once they are grown, if you decide you don't like the colors you got, you can eat them.
Sounds like the price is right on them anyways, especially for a first hatch.

I like the white ones! Probably the only person who likes them.
I like the pied ones, the albino one I had had too many problems, plus it was blind.

How bad/wrong would it be if I set eggs, after my current batch, and purposely ran the bator with high humidity?
I'm assuming every hatch I've done up until this one has been high humidity. I never had a hygrometer, and I always had the water at the level I was instructed in the "directions". That's one reason I'm curious how this hatch will end since I've had the hygrometer the whole time. :fl
I have had decent hatch percentages though, surprisingly. We'll see in a few days.
P.s. my Scarlet that got its beak bent & split in the wire is doing good today. Yesterday I didn't see it eat or drink, but today it's doing both just fine. I'm glad, I wasn't ready to cull it yet.

Last edited:
Yeah I know. I really gotta get moving on it. I think I’ll be able to this weekend but maybe not. Idk yet. I have a couple other things to do.

But I think I’m gonna put them in the garage for a while anyway so all I gotta do is clear out a spot big enough for the brooder and/or room to expand haha

But I’m gonna build the coop too so I can move them out after they’re off heat.
That coop will be more work and take more time than you think. Start it ASAP. Nasty weather is on its way. If it’s a decent day at all, you need to get out there and get it done. It’s your responsibility and you owe it to your new babies. And yes, get that brooder set up, too. Seriously you ordered eggs... that’s the easy part. Now do the work. You have to.

Apple season is almost overrrrr. I did not get pics of limpy. She's still limping along but now she knows how to hop one footed. I'm going to guess she just flushed and caught her toes on the hwc. Mom found a dead broken neck hen the other morning while I was at work. Gonna get a gamecam when I see one on sale. Hopefully there are no cats stalking them :/

That coop will be more work and take more time than you think. Start it ASAP. Nasty weather is on its way. If it’s a decent day at all, you need to get out there and get it done. It’s your responsibility and you owe it to your new babies. And yes, get that brooder set up, too. Seriously you ordered eggs... that’s the easy part. Now do the work. You have to.

Yeah I’m sure it will be and I don’t want it to be like the other two times I got chicks where I’m not prepared/don’t have stuff ready. :oops:

So I’m definitely going to get started ASAP.

But I am also going to do cattle panels this time which is a lot faster and easier than a wood coop like the other one we built.

I think I could probably get it done this week if I really work. Probably even in a day or two. The cattle panels I think are a lot faster but idk. I’ll plan for a full week or two though just in case.

But I definitely will start.

The only reason I haven’t this week is because I have been busy trying to set up several new fish tanks which has taken up a lot of my time.

But they’re all set up now so I should be able to start on the coop.

That said, I also don’t have the supplies yet and cannot get them myself so that’s a big problem.

But I will start working on clearing an area for the new coop and brooder in the meantime as well as continuing to remind my parents until they do it. They need constant reminding and pestering. I will make sure we have the supplies and have it built before the chicks hatch.

Back
Top Bottom