➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Do you think if I handled the buttons daily they would be more tame? And should I clip their wing feathers?
Yes. I raised a single button chick without putting all that much effort into handling him. Even now, he's a lot calmer than the rest; I can pick him up at will and he'll sit quietly on my lap for a time. IMO, people just need to learn how to handle them. They're not like chickens, or even other quail, really.

Yes. I raised a single button chick without putting all that much effort into handling him. Even now, he's a lot calmer than the rest; I can pick him up at will and he'll sit quietly on my lap for a time. IMO, people just need to learn how to handle them. They're not like chickens, or even other quail, really.
Sooo basically they’re just misunderstood?? 😂🤣

Sooo basically they’re just misunderstood?? 😂🤣
Eh, not really. They react negatively to many environments and handling methods common in backyard settings, for sure. I just happen to think that warrants a change in the environment rather than in the bird. Admittedly, I've only had buttons for a few years, so take that with a grain of salt.

Eh, not really. They react negatively to many environments and handling methods common in backyard settings, for sure. I just happen to think that warrants a change in the environment rather than in the bird. Admittedly, I've only had buttons for a few years, so take that with a grain of salt.
That makes sense!! Was mostly kidding anyway aha but there does seem to be some truth to it? At least in the sense that they’re not necessarily “crazy”, just a different approach is needed. Or maybe you’re just a bird whisperer. 😂🤣

That makes sense!! Was mostly kidding anyway aha but there does seem to be some truth to it? At least in the sense that they’re not necessarily “crazy”, just a different approach is needed. Or maybe you’re just a bird whisperer. 😂🤣
They seem to like whistling better than whispering. :lau :gig

They seem to like whistling better than whispering. :lau :gig
:lau well, in that case, can you whistle to my budgies and chicks and tell them all I’m not going to eat them!? 😂🤣🙈

One of the budgies is actually super chill but his girlfriend not so much 😂🙈 and the chicks still hate me 😭 I think it’s the bantams influencing them all.

So if you could just tell them all to knock it off that’d be great thanks. 🤣😂🙈

:lau well, in that case, can you whistle to my budgies and chicks and tell them all I’m not going to eat them!? 😂🤣🙈

One of the budgies is actually super chill but his girlfriend not so much 😂🙈 and the chicks still hate me 😭 I think it’s the bantams influencing them all.

So if you could just tell them all to knock it off that’d be great thanks. 🤣😂🙈
Bwhahaha. For the low, low price of $49.99 a month, you too can experience the pacifying effects of Banty's Whistles™ on your livestock!

Looks a bit reddish? I don't have a ton of the fancy colors, so I'm probably going to be little help. The ones I've had that were striped like pharoah but with red color turned out to be reddish with pharoah pattern. Nice little eyebrows on the chick.

Back
Top Bottom