➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I ordered 25 eggs and I received 30. So I was happy that five were clears because those were basically freebies to me.

If 25 hats I'm probably going to have to sell up to 10 of them just so that I have a manageable amount with my first time processing them.

I would love to keep two from the three that I have right now so I'm hoping at least there's only one male and not both our males.

I've got too many breeding things I want to do, lol. I've got these rosettas from Kiki that I like (and one is somehow is a tuxedo), and then the lavenders, and now the Falb Fee. And I got the Fee so that I could breed them with the lavenders because I want to see what that does. AND if I breed them with the Rosettas I should get Grau Fee, theoretically, so that's a plan.

I need more quail pens, lol. I have an old one I did for my buttons that I'm going to rip apart and redo with larger floor wire and larger compartments for the cots. Probably can fit three breeding groups in it.

A little over halfway through the hatch. I'm going to give them a few days in the little brooder before moving them over to the huge brooder. I don't want them to get lost on the cold side.
0505201120_HDR.jpg

Quail might be the cutest things ever 😂🤣🙈
Yeah until you wake up and they're s******* all over the floor 😂😂😂

I really should have taken a picture and sent it to you today when the cat and the dog were looking under the door at it 🙄 The cat could have grabbed it too but he didn't probably because he knew I would have flipped my lid.

I swear that brown colored one is a male. It's the one always in trouble. If I didn't have dogs and a cat it probably would have came into the bedroom and woke me up 😂 it tries to follow me.

Yeah until you wake up and they're s******* all over the floor 😂😂😂

I really should have taken a picture and sent it to you today when the cat and the dog were looking under the door at it 🙄 The cat could have grabbed it too but he didn't probably because he knew I would have flipped my lid.

I swear that brown colored one is a male. It's the one always in trouble. If I didn't have dogs and a cat it probably would have came into the bedroom and woke me up 😂 it tries to follow me.
OMG 😂🤣 it sounds like a trouble maker lol

The other breeder male was less than a year old when he passed away without help. Now this one at almost a year and a half. Giant breeds tend to have a shorter lifespan. If a normal quail lives 3 years, then does it make sense that a jumbo has a shorter life?

That or living with 3 females did him in. :lau

Why do men die at a younger age than women? Because they want to. :D

I had to clean the brooder again, and Duckling caught the chicks. She checked their chests, and told me if they were boy or girl. I might only have 2 or 3 girls. :gig It’s what I hoped for, but it means I really do need to keep them inside a while to ensure I can get fertile eggs to breed more, to set more, to get more girls, to get more fertile eggs, to set more, to get more girls...

Back
Top Bottom