➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

6 more out this morning!!! 😁 :love

57D546D8-4989-496D-B35E-C49988D7E7CF.jpeg

Put little Splitz back in the cup this morning for his physical therapy. :p

Though I’m not sure it will do much. :hmm

They’re splayed pretty bad so I’m sure he’ll need the wraps rather than the cup but I’m trying to figure out how to do it.

I tried with a bandaid this morning. Horrible idea. Stuck to some of his feathers and his legs and I had to wet it to get it off and even then I pulled some down off with it. :oops:

Then I tried vet wrap again today like we did yesterday except by myself this time and he just will not hold still to let me wrap them!!! Sometimes it seems like he’s falling asleep in my hands, super chill, but he just won’t keep his legs still!!! I go to touch them and he starts kicking like crazy 😂🤣😂

He’s VERY feisty which is why I’m not giving up yet.

I WILL figure out a way to wrap them. For now I have to go check on Wilma and probably help her. :(

They’re splayed pretty bad so I’m sure he’ll need the wraps rather than the cup but I’m trying to figure out how to do it.

I tried with a bandaid this morning. Horrible idea. Stuck to some of his feathers and his legs and I had to wet it to get it off and even then I pulled some down off with it. :oops:

Then I tried vet wrap again today like we did yesterday except by myself this time and he just will not hold still to let me wrap them!!! Sometimes it seems like he’s falling asleep in my hands, super chill, but he just won’t keep his legs still!!! I go to touch them and he starts kicking like crazy 😂🤣😂

I WILL figure out a way to wrap them. For now I have to go check on Wilma and probably help her. :(
Make sure that the cup you are using has a narrow base so the his legs are almost at the correct position. You do not want a cup with a wide base. Do you have dixie cups, you know the ones that you use in the bathroom to rinse your mouth. That might be a very good size cup since the quail is so small.

Make sure that the cup you are using has a narrow base so the his legs are almost at the correct position. You do not want a cup with a wide base. Do you have dixie cups, you know the ones that you use in the bathroom to rinse your mouth. That might be a very good size cup since the quail is so small.
Maybe I should try that!!! I think the cup is pretty narrow but maybe not narrow enough for a little quail??? I’ll try to find something narrower!! His legs can’t really splay out in this one but probably could still go narrower.

Maybe I should try that!!! I think the cup is pretty narrow but maybe not narrow enough for a little quail??? I’ll try to find something narrower!! His legs can’t really splay out in this one but probably could still go narrower.
I need to go buy some dixie cups now so I can try it. I am hatching more quail for July 4th hopefully from my own eggs.

It's hatch day! Woke up at 5 AM to chirping. 7 Pansy Fees already out and HGs just getting started! :wee
I'm supposed to be studying for a huge anatomy exam/practical/final tomorrow.... Guess what I'm doing instead
YEEAAAASSSS
BABIES!

If you're going to hobble, please consider the scotch tape.

If the cup is your choice, keep him warm. Use a short cup with a narrow base and tuck it under the brooder plate--set the plate high enough on the front for him and keep it low enough on the back end for the others. Just check on the cup baby frequently to make sure he's not too hot or cold since he can't escape the cup.

If you want him beside you, find some way to keep him warm. Set the cup on a heating pad or in a container of very warm water (but don't wet him of course).

Back
Top Bottom