āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Yes, unfortunately, people are selling blue eggs but they don't breed true. This disappoints many people.

One of the threads was asking why their celadon chicks weren't thriving. Short answer appeared to be inbreeding. Starting with the common types before investing money and time in a novelty is recommended. The desire may fade.

Caveat Emptor.

I still have 11 babies after culling my wryneck. One tuxedo, a few red pandas and some that look like normal quail
20200624_090858.jpg

Anyone know how to make a quail shelter at night? Quilliam is still sleeping in the open in between the aviary door and pigeon loft, theres 3 water proof hides, a couple potted plants, and 4x4 covered area due to the pigeon loft! He sleeps in the flat clear entry way, no plants, under no cover, not even against the fencing. I'm afraid he's gonna get swallows by a snake or eaten by a hungry rat if he sleeps in the open, or get drenched from rain and catch chill ā˜¹ļø right now I slip him under a bucket every night to be sure but I'd like to not have to šŸ¤· he's been in the loft for a week or more now I believe, how do I fix this behavior?

Anyone know how to make a quail shelter at night? Quilliam is still sleeping in the open in between the aviary door and pigeon loft, theres 3 water proof hides, a couple potted plants, and 4x4 covered area due to the pigeon loft! He sleeps in the flat clear entry way, no plants, under no cover, not even against the fencing. I'm afraid he's gonna get swallows by a snake or eaten by a hungry rat if he sleeps in the open, or get drenched from rain and catch chill ā˜¹ļø right now I slip him under a bucket every night to be sure but I'd like to not have to šŸ¤· he's been in the loft for a week or more now I believe, how do I fix this behavior?
When I first had quail I went out every night and gathered them up and put them inside the coop! 300 quail later, some will go in out of the rain but most will not!!! All you can do is offer warm cozy dry shelter.....or keep in a cage.....

Back
Top Bottom