➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

QB#17 went to lock down last night.
55 started
-11 clears (yes, I didn't candle until lock down) and all from the same hen. Someone was playing hard to get.
-1 middle quitter. Some vessels, but mostly clear and way behind the others.

43 eggs to lock down with hatch starting Tuesday to Thursday.

The Rosetta kids are starting to crow. Out of 5, 1 is wild color and he is crowing. The other 4 look the same and aren't crowing. Will a Rosetta male over non rosetta females give sex linked females? I didn't think so, but still hoping for 4 girls. Unfortunately, they are all small. Not making weight for the program.

I'm going to have to order eggs. Shizzle sticks. :D

Someone asked me about how many degrees different I ran the bator this time... And I don't think I answered.

This time I ran my incubator 2° higher than I normally run it.
One day early:
View attachment 2216871
Everything I've read has suggested (rather emphatically) that a degree or so off would KILL THEM ALL. 🤷‍♀️ I have accidentally discovered on a number of occasions that this is not (or at least not always) the case. I HAVE had a few slightly early hatches, but no (apparent) harm to the little birdies, only I haven't done it on purpose.

It's interesting to me how these absolute declarations (in all sorts of matters) so often turn out to be misstatements, or maybe even cautionary tales. (AKA lies intended to discourage taking chances.) I want to say it's better to just tell the truth, only people always like to push the edges, so I do see the point.

Everything I've read has suggested (rather emphatically) that a degree or so off would KILL THEM ALL. 🤷‍♀️ I have accidentally discovered on a number of occasions that this is not (or at least not always) the case. I HAVE had a few slightly early hatches, but no (apparent) harm to the little birdies, only I haven't done it on purpose.

It's interesting to me how these absolute declarations (in all sorts of matters) so often turn out to be misstatements, or maybe even cautionary tales. (AKA lies intended to discourage taking chances.) I want to say it's better to just tell the truth, only people always like to push the edges, so I do see the point.
A degree or two off will not kill them all says Kiki.
😉

QB#17 went to lock down last night.
55 started
-11 clears (yes, I didn't candle until lock down) and all from the same hen. Someone was playing hard to get.
-1 middle quitter. Some vessels, but mostly clear and way behind the others.

43 eggs to lock down with hatch starting Tuesday to Thursday.

The Rosetta kids are starting to crow. Out of 5, 1 is wild color and he is crowing. The other 4 look the same and aren't crowing. Will a Rosetta male over non rosetta females give sex linked females? I didn't think so, but still hoping for 4 girls. Unfortunately, they are all small. Not making weight for the program.

I'm going to have to order eggs. Shizzle sticks. :D
How many eggs do you want and when do you want them?

Back
Top Bottom