āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

Alchemist farms is from a town just down the road from me. I believe that they have been breeding their celadon line for a long time. They are incredibly expensive, from what I've seen, though.

Alchemist line doesn't mean actually from Alchemist farm, though. That's like saying that my birds are MyShire farm line (and they're not all from MyShire).
Yes, I have found that some folks like to imply they are NPIP certified by saying their birds are from an NPIP certified flock and expecting the reader to conclude they are, when they may not be. That part doesn't matter as much to me these days, I was just surprised to see the claim of such a high percentage of blue eggs. I was under the impression they weren't that locked in yet.

I am in no way prepared to go buy any eggs or birds from them, if I ever get the green light to proceed with quail I'll be going straight to Kiki, but I'm trying to do some research on the local status of quail and this one ad caught my attention. They are asking $25/dozen for eggs and $5/chick, suggesting prospective buyers request being added to their wait list.

Yes, I have found that some folks like to imply they are NPIP certified by saying their birds are from an NPIP certified flock and expecting the reader to conclude they are, when they may not be. That part doesn't matter as much to me these days, I was just surprised to see the claim of such a high percentage of blue eggs. I was under the impression they weren't that locked in yet.

I am in no way prepared to go buy any eggs or birds from them, if I ever get the green light to proceed with quail I'll be going straight to Kiki, but I'm trying to do some research on the local status of quail and this one ad caught my attention. They are asking $25/dozen for eggs and $5/chick, suggesting prospective buyers request being added to their wait list.

25$ per dozen for celadon hatching eggs seems to be a general price. O don't really trust the ones that are super cheap because of that

I am feeling a bit decadent this morning :oops:

These are the eggs rejected for hatching, as the shell had errors, were pooped, too big/small, etc. ... .
But it feels weird, as a Celadon hatching egg costs about 3 Euro here in Germany šŸ™ˆ

20200705_111450.jpg

Not nessesary to mention ... these will not hatch :old:drool šŸ¤£

No, ... these are all from a chummy breeder and a friend of her.
We are doing this Celadon project together. Not all are for me.

She is mostly interested in refreshing blood and nice colors.
For me it is the entry into Celadons šŸ„°
I donā€™t even know how I got a celadon layer, but Iā€™m excited that I do have one. Completely unexpected. I put the celadon egg in the incubator because my other two were fertile.

Back
Top Bottom