➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

View attachment 2439398View attachment 2439399
the Halloween assortment at 5 weeks! I’m going to start weaning them off the heat now that the deep freeze is hopefully over and put them out into genpop in another couple weeks. I need remove a few of jumbos and extra males first as I have been procrastinating.
Lol

One week old today.
I'm moving them out today. I'll move the light bulb with them and I'll block two sides of the cage so they don't freeze tonight.
20201208_114308.jpg
20201208_114304.jpg
20201208_114228.jpg

I wanna do another hatch :hit
Nobody is laying right now. They just stopped all at once when it got cold. They have their boxes of dirt around the perimeter of their cage and a large open spot with just wire. Could they be too cold? I have seen them shivering, if birds shiver. I also have a windbreaker but do notice a draft coming up through the wire. Maybe I’ll add more boxes of dirt.

I wanna do another hatch :hit
Nobody is laying right now. They just stopped all at once when it got cold. They have their boxes of dirt around the perimeter of their cage and a large open spot with just wire. Could they be too cold? I have seen them shivering, if birds shiver. I also have a windbreaker but do notice a draft coming up through the wire. Maybe I’ll add more boxes of dirt.
It warmed up today and will be warm until Friday, I think.
Ill leave the light on the babies for a week or so more.
I do not have heat on my adults.

View attachment 2439398View attachment 2439399
the Halloween assortment at 5 weeks! I’m going to start weaning them off the heat now that the deep freeze is hopefully over and put them out into genpop in another couple weeks. I need remove a few of jumbos and extra males first as I have been procrastinating.
I see one for sure male.
Crowing started today! in addition to the obvious italian male, the snowy and the silver tux with more white around his eyes are both males! i’m pretty sure one or both of the rosettas are males too! the silver wild type is a definite female and i don’t have one so she’s a definite keeper!!! i don’t have an italian or snowy male either so those are probably staying too!

Back
Top Bottom