āž” Quail Hatch AlongšŸ„š

You're giving me hope. I have 7 on day 17 and no movement. . .the rest of the hatch has been out for more than 24 hours and is dry and happy. I'm pretty sure these eggs got exactly the same treatment so. . .I'm starting to feel sad.
Have you candled the ones you are waiting on? That might help you figure out if you should keep waiting or not? It relieves a lot of my stress haha. I'm sorry that you have some that don't seem to be hatching. :-( I had a hatch where I got 3 that hatched out of 28 eggs...and one of them died after 2 days. Sometimes they can be very sad! <3

Have you candled the ones you are waiting on? That might help you figure out if you should keep waiting or not? It relieves a lot of my stress haha. I'm sorry that you have some that don't seem to be hatching. :-( I had a hatch where I got 3 that hatched out of 28 eggs...and one of them died after 2 days. Sometimes they can be very sad! <3
I candled them before lockdown, day 12 and they looked okay. I'll wait until at least day 19 before opening the incubator. Right now, less is more -- even if the suspense makes the process seem even longer.

You're giving me hope. I have 7 on day 17 and no movement. . .the rest of the hatch has been out for more than 24 hours and is dry and happy. I'm pretty sure these eggs got exactly the same treatment so. . .I'm starting to feel sad.
I'm so desperate for a sign of life that I abducted 1 chick from the brooder just to record it crying. Still no movement in the incubator but now I have a cat following me around trying to figure out why I have a bird in my phone.

Last edited:
Removed 10 clear and one early quitter this morning.. left in 4 I wasn't sure about. Had to buy a new brooder because my old brooder was originally a rooting chamber for plant cuttings and it has pineapple tops in it again.

The last one thats due to hatch for a few days, i think its a cinimon @Nabiki what do you think, i think you have had a few like it.

Attachments

• 20210623_163701.jpg
    20210623_163701.jpg
    576.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210623_163706.jpg
    20210623_163706.jpg
    498.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210623_163710.jpg
    20210623_163710.jpg
    469.3 KB · Views: 7
I candled them before lockdown, day 12 and they looked okay. I'll wait until at least day 19 before opening the incubator. Right now, less is more -- even if the suspense makes the process seem even longer.
Sounds like you might have hot spots in your incubator?????? Have you checked temps in different areas or tried rotating eggs to different positions every few days?

Sounds like you might have hot spots in your incubator?????? Have you checked temps in different areas or tried rotating eggs to different positions every few days?
At this point, I'm hoping that's what it is. I checked each corner with the same thermometer, but the one thermometer I like best broke this month. I don't think there were hot hot spots or cold cold spots, so if there were minor temperature differences there's some hope these will hatch.

Back
Top Bottom