➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I am loving the Govee temp/humidity monitor! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07R586J37/

Right now it's $12.74 and has an additional 5% off coupon.

Here's a data snapshot of when I cracked open the incubator for a bit to adjust the eggs. The monitor shows barely a blip in both temperature and humidity; this differs from the on-board reading for the incubator, which always goes wild when any adjustment is needed.

I'm resting easier knowing that the actual temperature in the incubator is pretty stable, from about 100 degrees F to 99.8 degrees F. Just right.

The monitor is also small, smooth, weather-resistant and can fit in the palm of your hand.

Screenshot_20211122-104420_Govee Home.jpg

Processed round 1 of extra males, was about to include one who hurt his leg, but felt awfully heavy so I weighed him first - 320g at 6 weeks. No one else was over 250g! I took a better look at the leg but couldn't find anything wrong. He can eat, drink, and dust bathe but he's got a pretty bad limp. I put him in a smaller cage with a few hens and will see if he improves. And yes, I am aware he may have hurt his leg just because he's too large for his own good.

Patched a hole in one of the cages. I know that either a mouse or rat was getting in, but I'm beginning to suspect a small rat. There are eggshells outside of the cage, cracked open and consumed. I think it could also have been the reason one of my birds spooked and injured her neck. I'm mad, but I suppose the damage could have been worse.
Got it!
Snap traps are the best. It was as stiff as a board when I found it this morning. It's too big to be a mouse, but it's a pretty small rat -- probably just the right size to squeeze into the cages.

gotit.png

Processed round 1 of extra males, was about to include one who hurt his leg, but felt awfully heavy so I weighed him first - 320g at 6 weeks. No one else was over 250g! I took a better look at the leg but couldn't find anything wrong. He can eat, drink, and dust bathe but he's got a pretty bad limp. I put him in a smaller cage with a few hens and will see if he improves. And yes, I am aware he may have hurt his leg just because he's too large for his own good.
I like the idea of the chonky boi I say if he fine breed giants 💜

I have these too! So many uses! Mainly use them to strain out wet and poopy pine shavings from the brooder waterers so the shavings don’t clog up the sinks or toilet when I change out water! 😆
They're also good for collecting eggs from the back of the pen. And then there are all of the non-quail uses!

Back
Top Bottom