➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Yep! I’ve seen people put two quail eggs in one slot but I don’t think I want to hatch that many eggs lol
Nutters! I have a regular size turner tray thingy and quail size.
I'm not so sure I could fit two quail eggs in my regular sized egg Turner tray thingy, but I sure am going to try tomorrow.

Yes!

No I use peat moss. I love the stuff.
PREMIER HORTICULTURE 0082P 3.8Cu Ft Sphag Peat Moss, 960 Ounce https://a.co/d/3gU8uJz
This exact bag. Amazon must be nuts selling it for 70 bucks. Home Depot used to carry it for 12 or 13 but I just paid 17 the other day for a bag. View attachment 3286314
Thanks! I’ll stop by the hardware store today and see if they have any. I know they still had bags of play sand outside the last time I was there, so maybe they’ll have some peat moss as well.

Last edited:
Thanks! I’ll stop by the hardware store today and see if they have any. I know they still had bags of play sand outside the last time I was there, so maybe they’ll have some peat moss as well.
Do you have a Home Depot or a Lowe's nearby?

Thru a series of unfortunate events, tree branch crushed my greenhouse last winter and caged birds got soaked and died, 100 year floods brought crazy predators, and recently a giant stray cat ripped into my prefab growout and pulled my birds out, I lost all my quail, Aragorn had been injured by a crazy hen and was inside with my meat chickens. I had more chicks hatching and I culled his meat buddies, and he died the next day, he was 2.5 years old and my last quail, he was pure celadon so I was sad to lose him. Anyway, I built a new aviary of heavier gauge, coated hardware cloth and I ordered new celadon hatching eggs. They should be arriving next week hopefully. I can’t wait to start up again!

I currently have 5 chicken chicks and the 3 juvenile turkeys so I’m not without birds.

Thru a series of unfortunate events, tree branch crushed my greenhouse last winter and caged birds got soaked and died, 100 year floods brought crazy predators, and recently a giant stray cat ripped into my prefab growout and pulled my birds out, I lost all my quail, Aragorn had been injured by a crazy hen and was inside with my meat chickens. I had more chicks hatching and I culled his meat buddies, and he died the next day, he was 2.5 years old and my last quail, he was pure celadon so I was sad to lose him. Anyway, I built a new aviary of heavier gauge, coated hardware cloth and I ordered new celadon hatching eggs. They should be arriving next week hopefully. I can’t wait to start up again!

I currently have 5 chicken chicks and the 3 juvenile turkeys so I’m not without birds.
I had a predator problem too, and as a result I lost all my quail…..I just have 6 pheasants and 6 dux left :hugs

Back
Top Bottom