➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

Got one!
currently its managed to get underneath the papertowel 🤦🏻‍♀️.
IMG_2111.jpeg

I've got them in now. I just did what I read on Google and left them overnight..
If it is very hot weather, I put them in the incubator immediately upon arrive and unboxing, with the turner off. I've had eggs that were already developing because of the temperature during shipping was 100° to 120°F in the postal truck or car.
I've opened boxes that when scanned with an IR heat detector, read 110°F , the eggs were reading 100°F!!!

I still believe it's another myth about letting the eggs 'settle', that's BS because the damage has already been done, if the air cell has become detached, it's not going to reattach by letting the egg settle!!! If they got 'scrambled' during shipping, no amount of 'settling' is going to help a scrambled egg!!!

If it is very hot weather, I put them in the incubator immediately upon arrive and unboxing, with the turner off. I've had eggs that were already developing because of the temperature during shipping was 100° to 120°F in the postal truck or car.
I've opened boxes that when scanned with an IR heat detector, read 110°F , the eggs were reading 100°F!!!

I still believe it's another myth about letting the eggs 'settle', that's BS because the damage has already been done, if the air cell has become detached, it's not going to reattach by letting the egg settle!!! If they got 'scrambled' during shipping, no amount of 'settling' is going to help a scrambled egg!!!
I agree.

I found no difference when I set shipped eggs immediately with the turner on from the start and any of the other recommended practices of letting them set and no turning. Experiments have proven that the most important time to turn eggs is during the earliest part of incubation..

I found no difference when I set shipped eggs immediately with the turner on from the start and any of the other recommended practices of letting them set and no turning. Experiments have proven that the most important time to turn eggs is during the earliest part of incubation..
I have done the same, the turner turns so slowly that I doubt it would cause anymore damage than has already been done!
I have also left the turner on during hatching with no ill effects....except that quail tend to get stuck between the rails and can get strangled.

Got one!
currently its managed to get underneath the papertowel 🤦🏻‍♀️. View attachment 3591306
I second @Kiki , tape the paper towels down. I thought I'd done a good job of doing that once in the brooder, but when I checked on the birds, half of them had disappeared. They had found a vertical gap in the towels wide enough for them to sneak behind. None were hurt and I thought it was funny, but I started taping the towels much more thoroughly. Now, I use pine shavings in the brooder after the first few days, so I don't have that issue anymore.

I have done the same, the turner turns so slowly that I doubt it would cause anymore damage than has already been done!
I have also left the turner on during hatching with no ill effects....except that quail tend to get stuck between the rails and can get strangled.
Same here only with a cabinet incubator. The chicks, keets or poults would fall out of the tray and be running around on the bottom of the incubator.

It's middle of winter here right now.. Don't think that's happening!
I still believe it's another myth about letting the eggs 'settle', that's BS because the damage has already been done, if the air cell has become detached, it's not going to reattach by letting the egg settle!!! If they got 'scrambled' during shipping, no amount of 'settling' is going to help a scrambled egg!
I guess I won't do that next time 😅
hope it hasn't done anything to the eggs!

Back
Top Bottom