➡ Quail Hatch Along🥚

I would not take any of the eggs out of your incubator yet.
Candle the ones that you think are not fertile again in a couple of days.
I've left them in.
Also, if they really are not fertile then I would be pissed off at this person for selling non-fertile eggs.
If you're going to sell eggs, you need to be setting them and testing the fertility out on your own before you sell.
I did contact the owner, she said no one else had complained about infertility. I messaged her very nicely and she gave me a coupon code for her website.
I've been in contact with her for a while, asking her questions about her birds. She's been very nice, but I'm still pretty pissed.

I've left them in.

I did contact the owner, she said no one else had complained about infertility. I messaged her very nicely and she gave me a coupon code for her website.
I've been in contact with her for a while, asking her questions about her birds. She's been very nice, but I'm still pretty pissed.
Coupon is to hook you back in for another crappy buy.
I'd throw it away. lol

FYI, if shipped eggs do not develop, it does not necessarily mean they are infertile. Eggs that go by airplane in a non-pressurized cargo bay can be destroyed by the changes in altitude. They will not develop even if they were definitely fertile to start with.
That's true but I've bought eggs from him before and had crappy results with them as well....he happens to have all of the True Pheasants you can legally have in the USA...some are quite rare. He's in Utah. I've mentioned to him before that it seems he has a fertility issue with a few of his birds but he denies it.
I've ordered some of the rarer species and either only 1 will hatch or he refunds my money because as he put it, "my birds aren't cooperating!"

Last edited:
FYI, if shipped eggs do not develop, it does not necessarily mean they are infertile. Eggs that go by airplane in a non-pressurized cargo bay can be destroyed by the changes in altitude. They will not develop even if they were definitely fertile to start with.
That's interesting.. these were shipped by car/van, would that still be possible? She's apparently shipped eggs to Western Australia from Queensland, and they were fine. I'm only in the next state over, so I'm pretty sure it's a fertility issue.

Back
Top Bottom