10 week old Silkie chicks

GrandmomChicken

In the Brooder
May 7, 2024
Hi everyone, new Silkie mom here, I have 2 Silkie chicks and one has started crowing…can’t figure out the culprit…I can’t have roosters in my town..ugh! Any guesses?

Attachments

• IMG_7251.jpeg
    IMG_7251.jpeg
    733.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_7252.png
    IMG_7252.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7231.jpeg
    IMG_7231.jpeg
    368 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7228.jpeg
    IMG_7228.jpeg
    701.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7196.jpeg
    IMG_7196.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7169.jpeg
    IMG_7169.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 8
That's too young to be definitive on looks as I was trying to see by the tails. Even if you try judging by the comb, I one silkie hen people would say was a rooster if just going by that. I'm leaning toward the splash being the roo though I could be very wrong.

Could you separate them for a few hours so the next time one crows you'll know which one did it?

They sure are cute!

That's too young to be definitive on looks as I was trying to see by the tails. Even if you try judging by the comb, I one silkie hen people would say was a rooster if just going by that. I'm leaning toward the splash being the roo though I could be very wrong.

Could you separate them for a few hours so the next time one crows you'll know which one did it?

They sure are cute!
That is…that’s the one I was thinking is a rooster
also.

Last edited:
thanks…yea that’s the one I’m guessing as well even tho the black one is much bigger in size. They’re probably both boys lol

Back
Top Bottom