Status
Not open for further replies.

allen wranch

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
17 Years
Jan 11, 2007
San Marcos, TX
I updated My Chickenstock Page with the address. If anyone needs specific directions, let me know. Some map programs try to take you through private property, which is incorrect.

I do not have everything updated, but will do so in the next day or two - primarily what foods the Austin group is bringing.

I am going to set up some horse shoes. Did I hear washers too ?

It looks like we are going to have around 40 people !

ATTENDEES SO FAR
Me & DH
Hipeatall
Brindlebtch
havi
summerChick
MaggieRae
TXmom
Leghorn Dude
Doc Henry
anythingbutsandy
chickintexas
khrysoula
wholisticmidwife

25 bodies from the Austin Backyard Poultry Meetup group (Includes some children)

4-5 other friends & family

MENU SO FAR
Brisket
Chicken
Lemonade
Tea & coffee
Vegetable tray
Snacks, finger food
Cakes
Cookies
Potato/green bean salad with vinaigrette
Chips
Baked beans
Pasta salad
Grain salad
Green salad
Homemade bread
Loaf of bread
Tortillas

SUGGESTIONS IF UNDECIDED
Sliced watermelon
Sliced tomatoes
Condiments (pickles, onions, relish, etc.)
Slaw
Pie
Squash Casserole
Brownies

Last edited:
I love it, but will have to think a bit for an idea or two to throw in the ring.
caf.gif

The last several years we met, had a potluck, a purple poultry (white elephant) exchange, traded some chickens/eggs, etc. and talked chicken A LOT. One year we had a wedding during CS. I have camping facilities, but no one has ever camped out. Most come for the day, then return home to take care of the critters.

Other state's CS have been the same, or at parks, in connection with a poultry show or sale...

Texas is big and hot. There could be one in the southern part of the state, another in the north, a spring and fall one ????? The possibilities are limitless.

I think a Texas Chickenstock would be wonderful!
My son is part of a 4H group in Wimberley... Fancy Feathers 4H. I bet a bunch of the kids (and parents) would love to get involved
smile.png
http://fancyfeatherstx.org

Last edited:
I am very familiar with Fancy Feathers 4H. Jesse Huth and his mom were the first people I ever met at poultry show. Very nice family.

We just joined Fancy Feathers this past November... and are just so thrilled to have found them! We wanted to do chickens for 4H... but didn't want to do just a broiler project... so we really feel lucky to have such a fantastic group. Jesse and Jaci are awesome... they really go way above and beyond to help the kiddos (and parents!).
I noticed that you are in San Marcos... do you know if the Funky Coop tour making it to "surrounding areas" this year by chance? We attended last year... and had a great time. It was funny for us because there were so many coops in our old neighborhood in Austin
smile.png
... we lived in Brentwood before moving to Dripping Springs. I had no idea I was surrounded by so many chicken peeps!
Is there a Texas Chickenstock 2010 blog or website I can subscribe too... I would be really interested in that!

The coop tour is just in Austin. We are trying to make it easier for people to see all the coops. Last year, they were so spread out, it was impossible to make them all.

Maybe someday there will be an Austin loop tour...

No Texas Chickenstock blog. It all starts here.

I would be willing to have it at my place again if that is agreeable with everyone. San Marcos - centrally located. I have covered porches on three sides of my house and there is plenty of room for everyone to gather. There is shade for parking and to put birds if anyone wants to bring birds or eggs to swap...

Just need a date and ideas... We should have it before it gets TOO hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom