2010 Texas Chickenstock - May 29,2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to sell/give/swap anything, make arrangements ahead of time with the person (s) interested and bring what is necessary. Please don't bring a bunch of poultry hoping to sell them to someone at Chickenstock.

I will try to see if I can make it this year. Im in the Waco area so its not too far of a drive. The drive would be well worth it, if I could find someone else that is going, that will have true Araucana hatching eggs for sale. I have two sets in the bator right now. The first one looks like I will only have one hatch and Im hoping
fl.gif
that the second batch will do SOOOO much better!

We need one around the Abilene area say within a 45 min-1hr drive from Abilene that would be great... But I don't feel this will happen anytime soon.....

It is just an Idea for one to be around this area if anyone is within the 45 min-1hr drive. I do like the idea of having the regions, I just feel that there is so many people around here who have chickens could use our own in this area because all the feed stores and the TSC sold out in this area now someone has to be buying them so that would mean alot of people in this area have chickens.....

Last edited:
I am in San Antonio, San Marcos is not too far....I will try and help any way i can...What about the middle of May or June?
Let me know if i can help in some way.

Laurie

Laurie,
Welcome to BYC and thanks for the offer of help. There is usually not much to do until a week or so before Chickenstock.

I decided on May 29 (Memorial Week-end) for Chickenstock unless there are a lot of objections.

Chachi,
There is no reason why you can't start/organize a Chickenstock in the Abilene area. I bet a lot of people would come. San Marcos is central for a lot of people, but Texas is a big state and Abilene is a long way off...

There is a thread about a DFW swap meet/Chickenstock, but not sure if it is going to materialize.

I have started a 2010 Chickenstock page in My Pages with a summary of what we have been talking about here. I will update it as more information is gathered.

One of the questions is if you would like a pinata for the kids ? If so, I need someone who can organize the activity, find a poultry theamed pinata, collect candy (and money for the pinata), etc. In the past, we asked the parents of the participating kids to bring a bag of candy or other treats to go in the pinata.

I decided not to have a Purple Poultry exchange this year because there was not that much participation in 2009.

Do you have any other ideas for activities, contests, etc. ?

Do you know of a good speaker who could join us ?

Do you know anyone who could donate poultry related material or supplies for a raffle or drawing ?

All ideas are welcome.

Please let me know on this thread if you are coming, the # of adults and # of kids and what you are bringing. I will update it in the 2010 Chickenstock page on My Page.

Thanks...

I'll do my best to make it, but I know exams are coming up soon. Gosh, they're scary.
hide.gif
Guess I ought to get my planner out...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom