5 Gallon Hanging Waterer Problems

I had the exact same problems. I put it up on a cinder block and not only did it stay cleaner, it does not spill anymore. Be sure you always tightly close the top - if you do not make a vacuum seal the water will drain completely out of the bottom (yep, learned that the hard way too).

Wow, I feel like such a dummy! I always assumed that they were hanging for some reason because the galvanized ones are - but it's so clear now that the handle is only meant for carrying. Opps! Thanks for the head-up guys. I will use this outside in the run, but will be coming up with an alternative for inside the coop to save space.

IF you want to continue to use it as a hanging waterer, the bottom red part snaps off. Just put the black cap over the water hole and snap the bottom off. I don't see how you have that thing hanging, seems like it would tip to one side if it got bumped.

I got an actual gallon hanging waterer from tractor supply. The hanger has a rise in the middle so it doesn't slip uneven. I strongly suggest it! It's from little giant and are often on sale around here!

I have mine leveled on a cinder block too. It seems to work very well, little or no debris gets into their drinking water. I'd also agree that it makes it MUCH easier to have a faucet nearby, so you don't have to haul 5 gallons of water around after it's full!

We just set ours up on cinder blocks outside. On another note measure your arms each day and when you have no problem lifting it up write a workout book and call it something like the "5 gallon arm blast". You could make a fortune!
smile.png

Steve
thumbsup.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom