5 Years Married , Loved Each other for 30 years

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I rarely get gushy, but I figured I would tell my story.
Hubby and I were High School Sweethearts, he was my First Love. When he graduated (3 years older than me) we split up.
We both were never happy in other relationships. In 2000 he contacted me via email and we got back together.
He unfortunately had a nasty divorce to deal with but we moved in together in 2000 and got married in 2003.
I can say from the first time I saw him again after all those years it was like we were never apart.

Ok everyone can go AWWWW now !!!!!!

I still love him just as much as I always did and he doesn;t always get the credit he deserves, he is an awesome guy who puts up with my nuttiness and is there right beside me no matter what.

I just wanted everyone else to know how much I Love Him!!!!

love.gif
My hubby and I did the same thing! We have been married for 4 years now I also was with him in high school.its been 14 years

Awww congrats on being together so long, that is so sweet!

I too am part of the high school sweetheart club. Hubby and I went on a blind date at 16, didn't date again til 18, stayed friends though. He asked me to marry him during my senior year, and we were married the following fall, when we were both 19. We have been married 19 yrs now and still going strong.

Last edited:
i too married my hssh, we met through my ex-boyfriend
lol.png
, marreid 8 yrs in jan, together hmmmm 12? 13yrs

mom and dad were hssh too, married 29 in dec

Last edited:
I am 26 years old and still with my hssh! We met when I was 16 and he was 18. This july it will be eleven years!! We are not married, never really decided a date I guess LOL. We do have 2 children together ages 4 and 6. I still get butterflies when he walks in from work
love.gif
hugs.gif

i met my husband at 29 years old, after my first husband died in a car accident. he asked me out but i wasn't ready to date, so i passed. we became best friends while working on church projects together and i realized i loved him. then - he met and married someone else!!!! while it wasn't a good marriage, he kept his commitment and stayed married for 11 years. she ended up getting sick and passed away in early 1999. we have been together since late 1999 and married at age 47. while i missed many years of happiness without him, it's just as i had hoped and imagined. we are too pees in a pod, bookends. awwhh.

What an awesome story. Gives me some hope, My 19 year old daughter just got engaged.

My husband and I went on our first date Valentines Day 1995 and married by the end of the year. We realized we had previous mutual friends. He was the Quarterback coach for my High School Football team, and I was the Head Coach's student assistant. We don't remember ever meeting or talking back in 19?? but we certainly had the oportunity. When we went to my HS reunion the guys from football were all over me for marrying the coach! They thought we had gotten together in high school ( I had the reputation for dating older guys) It has become a fun little prank we play when folks ask how we met especially to see the faces of people at church when we tell them that he ws 30 and I was only 16. Maybe we did meet and subconciously were attracted to each other: it just took 25 years for us to get back together!

Back
Top Bottom