Adding to my flock? What should I choose??

Scareab

Songster
Dec 13, 2019
Dallas Texas
Hello!
I have finally raised two beautifully healthy chickens who are in the coop ready to help me in my plan for chicken world domination. Although I have two fierce warriors, I need a gentle more humble companion.
Ok, enough with the jokes :p
I'm looking for another chicken to come into my flock to make my duo into a trio. I have a Blue laced red wyandotte, and a Salmon flaverolle. I am looking for a more exotic yet docile breed.
I am split between:
- ayam cemani
- lavender orpington
I am open to more breeds but so far these are my favorite of the ones I've seen. I am looking for a breed comfortable with handling, and lap sitting.

Hello!
I have finally raised two beautifully healthy chickens who are in the coop ready to help me in my plan for chicken world domination. Although I have two fierce warriors, I need a gentle more humble companion.
I'm looking for another chicken to come into my flock to make my duo into a trio. I have a Blue laced red wyandotte, and a Salmon flaverolle. I am looking for a more exotic yet docile breed.
I am split between:
- ayam cemani
- lavender orpington
I am open to more breeds but so far these are my favorite of the ones I've seen. I am looking for a breed comfortable with handling, and lap sitting.

What are your intentions for the birds? What are you looking for? Climate?
Egg production (brown) gold comet unquestionably.
Friendly black australorp (maybe jealous too)
I still love black copper maran red egg color(maybe future for me)

For a friendly bird, I definetly suggest the orpington. I don't have any personal experience with ayam ceymanis, but I have heard they can be aggressive at times. Cochins and silkies also would be great, friendly birds. Ofcourse, size might be a problem with the wyandotte and silkie if they did not get along!

Hello!
I am split between:
- ayam cemani
- lavender orpington
A lavander orpington will be lovely. I heard that some breeds just fight each other and not good getting along each other.. I hope you look at this posibility as an option.. good luck on your coop.

Back
Top Bottom