African Violets!

Any one else?
hmm.png

I love AVs. I have a corner in my back room with a bunch. I'll take a photo of them later on! They are just starting to rebloom.

20 years ago I inherited my Grandma's african violets, I put all their velvety little selves into one "birdbath" planter in my condo. It was beautiful!

Then I inherited a kitten. I guess the velvety leaves and the topple-over effect of the birdbath was too irresistible, day by day I lost each violet til none were left.

But you have me thinking about this now. Maybe a new hobby for me................
roll.png

My grandma said "either you have it or you don't. Violets will grow and bloom for some people but not for everybody." Hers were usually more flowers than velvety leaves. I think she neglected them and they seemed to like it that way.

I love them!!! when I was a senior in HS I got my first one and entered it in 4H I got champion with it and it died while on display there. ( wither not enough light, too hot, or someone killed it) I havent had a good one since. Id love to have one again! It was a beautiful purple trimmed in white I believe, and wavy (not sure what thats called)

I have African Violets and some of mine are almost 18 years old. I have about ten plants, all different colors of lavender and pink and I have one dark red, almost a burgundy. I have some with the varigated leaves. I also have a few leaves that have put out new plants but are still quite small. I think the leaves would do all right in the mail if they were kept moist and were well protected. I'd be interested in a swap.

Back
Top Bottom