Alabama Bantam Club's Spring Bantam/Large Fowl Show - Clanton, AL

allaboutdemchicks

Chapel Farms
11 Years
Sep 13, 2008
Jemison, AL
Alabama Bantam Club will be hosting its Spring Bantam/Large Fowl Show
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Clanton, AL (Chilton County Fairgrounds)
(Limit of 25 Large Fowl)

Entries Close on Tuesday, April 12th NLT 9 p.m.
Mail entries to:
Claudia Gore, 3286 County Rd 48, Jemison AL 35085
(205) 646-0604 before 9 p.m. CST
Or contact via email at: [email protected]

The show barn will open at 2 p.m. on Friday afternoon and close at 9 p.m. On Saturday morning, the barn will open at 6 a.m. Judging will begin at 9 a.m.

Host Hotel:
Days Inn, I-65 at Exit 205, Clanton, AL (205) 755-2420
Special Rate- $49.95 + tax
You must tell them you are with the ABC Poultry Show

Directions to Show:
From I-65 North – Right on Exit 212 on Lay Dam Rd West, Hwy 145 Pass Clanton Medical Complex, (hospital) TURN left on Airport Rd. Pass National Guard Armory, The Fairgrounds will be on the left.

From I-65 South – (Re-routed due to temporary road closing). At Exit 208 turn left. Make a left at Loves Gas Station. At the 1st stop sign turn left onto Airport Rd. After passing the airport, the fairgrounds will be the next group on buildings on the right.

Meets: ABA, OEGBA, Silkie, Polish, Plymouth Rock, and Modern Game

Swap Area: A swap area will be set up for poultry and poultry related articles. Sale cages will be available for $2.50 per hole. Please reserve on your entry form. It will be $5.00 to set up your own area. Bring your own tables if needed.

ABC Merchandise Available
Raffle for poultry related items
50/50 raffle
Food and drinks will be available at the Concession Stand

FREE PARKING AND ADMISSION

Last edited:
Quote:
all I know there is a site on facebook about it but same info. Need entrie form please
smile.png

My daughter has got the show bug bad! This one isn't too far from us. She wants to learn how to do showmanship and get one or two birds that she can actually show. She's learning judging in the FFA, is lobbying to start a 4H Chicken club in our county.....she's hooked! LOL! Our only problem is that we only have two decent birds right now, and they still have a lot of filling out left to do. We didn't know what we were doing at first and got a slew of hatchery birds. Now I'm finding that although sweet, they have a plethora of faults!

We are looking for white and black silkies, and maybe a good cochin or two. I really hope we can find something at the show! The last show we went to most had already been sold before we got there.
sad.png
So we were only able to get two. (Thankful that we got those though!)

If you will PM me I would love to email each of you a Premium List with an entry form.

We will have a sales area in the back of the barn. This is a popular area with everyone!!

Also, prior to each Show, we always set aside someone to assist newcomers so not to worry if
it's your first time to exhibit!

Claudia

Last edited:
Thank you Claudia, you have been so helpful!

My daughter and I are hoping to find someone who might be willing to sell some of thier stock! We are looking for at least breeding quality white or black silkies......roos are ok! <----These are for the daughter! Lol! We also would also love to find a nice hen or two of bantam cochins, any color! Or maybe a MF D'Uccle cockeral. But the Silkies are the main thing we are looking for. She is very excited to get started with showing, doing showmanship, ect. Thank you to whomever is willing to help. Thank you, and hope to meet lots of folks at the show!

Don't forget to mention that we will be having several raffles and a 50-50 drawing. We may even have a silent auction for some birds.

Quote:
Ok, Ok, I am convinced. I'll be there. Hope to find something to bring home this time.
Kinda thinkin MF Bantam Cochins? Now I just have to convince DH.
Think they would do ok with LF Ameraucana?

I can't think of anyone working on the MF Bantam Cochins...that exhibits on a regular basis at our Show. Wait, there was a girl in Selma that had them but I've lost her contact. She does look at BYC's forum so maybe she will see this and respond.

As far as Large Fowl Ameraucana mixed with Cochins, well, I've had Cree line Ameraucana and mine where not too large but the spunkiness of a cochin mixed with the flightiness of the Ameraucana would make me inclined to say that there could be fireworks at times. I'd be careful when they were introduced, to say the least.

Back
Top Bottom