All advice for raising ducklings please

Pics
It honestly had that yellow look to it. Oh well can't change it now....

So I candled through the egg/plastic wrap since it has been about 8 hrs. I think it internally pipped since I can see what I think is the bill moving around in the air cell. So I put a little hole in the plastic wrap. Now I know it can take 2 days so up to Tue night. Should I keep humidity up around 75-80 till then? I had to put a bowl of water and a damp paper towel to keep it up there. Should I check at all in those 48 hrs? Or do anything else

Well shoot. Editing to say it could be till Wed!!!! This is internal. So could be tomorrow till "external". THEN. 2 days..... What do I watch if anything for external since I have plastic wrap holding on the top of the egg....
It may or may not external on its own now with the hole but I myself would make the kitchen wrap hole about the size of a pencil eraser
Because it’s been open I’m not sure if there is air supply in there make sure the kitchen wrap isn’t fully tight but just laying over that way it can move easy
Baby could take 48-72 hours to hatch from internal

Up to 7 hatched, 2 more pipped and did a safety hole in the last egg. They are all soooo cute!!!! I am so in love.

2 yellow ones, 3 black and yellow that all look different, a blue and yellow and a mostly blue with a big of yellow.

oops did this last night and never posted it. have newer pics today but will post this first
Such beautiful babies!!!! Congratulations!!!!

It may or may not external on its own now with the hole but I myself would make the kitchen wrap hole about the size of a pencil eraser
Because it’s been open I’m not sure if there is air supply in there make sure the kitchen wrap isn’t fully tight but just laying over that way it can move easy
Baby could take 48-72 hours to hatch from internal
Ok. I had it more just over but think from the humidity it would fall off with the top of the egg so I wrapped most of the egg and did a small hole in the wrap. I will fix it now and do a bit of a bigger hole. I have put coconut oil on the exposed part when I had to fix the top. That was shortly after I candled the last time

Ok hopefully fixed the wrap right. Guess I see how it goes. Thinking I should check at some point and not just wait 3 days.... And should I oil the membrane every so often? If so how often??

This hatch has had so many firsts. Lol. Along with the ducks I had chicken eggs in another incubator. Well I have 1 bantam egg left on day 22. I think it may have internally pipped today, no external but it is still alive and still has veins. I have read and heard from friends bantams go "early" on day 18-20. I am just letting this little one hang out and do it's thing. I did a pin hole safety hole in case but that has been it. Hopefully it makes it. I think in all the chicks I have hatched maybe one hatched just at the 22 day mark. This one is about 8 hrs into day 22 with no external pip and veins still, I have NEVER had that. Lol

Attachments

• IMG_20240505_223533358.jpg
    IMG_20240505_223533358.jpg
    255 KB · Views: 7
baby is still doing good. Chewing away, bill is out further than it was. veins on top are basically gone. I think I can still see the yolk sac near its head so that is still there but it is working at getting it all. Hopefully it continues to do well and get everything absorbed and will/can hatch the rest of the way on its own so I don't have to try to figure out when it is ready to hatch the rest of the way!

Back
Top Bottom