All the Christian Homeschoolers!

That's a lovely mix of breeds! From what I gather Speckled Sussex are pretty popular. I feel like one day I'm gonna end up with every sussex colour :D

I had them years ago, but didn't really enjoy keeping them (one rooster was aggressive, the hens barely laid and when they did the eggs never hatched/developed :hmm). I got some hatching eggs because I decided I wanted to do a breeding project with them.
That is so cool! I really want to breed my chicke s because I got an incubator for my b-day lol but I am not allowed to until we have a bigger coop lol
I have heard that all Sussex are very populatlr but one of mine was so mean we had to remove her and the other is sooo nice to me and her friends but is horrible to my bantam flock lol

uuuhhhh, a ton. lets see if i can remember

Australorp-Lavender orpington mix
Leghorn
Easter egger
White Cochin
White Rock
White Ameraucana
White Sultan
Black Sumatra
Silver Laced Wyandotte
Cinnamon Queen
Brown Leghorn
Road Island Red
Buff Orpington
Blue Orpington
Lavender Orpington
Swedish Flower Hen
A gray one with random dark gray spots (i have NO idea what breed she is)
Gray Ameraucana
Bard Rock

Some of those there are multiple of
i think i got all of them
aaahhhh ok. Gray one is an English Orpington

Oh cool! I have a Speckled Sussex, a Mille Fleur D'uccle, a blue splash maran, an black Olive Egger hybrid, a Columbian Wyandotte, a Mottled Cochin bantam, a Buff Brahma Bantam, a blue Silkie bantam, a blue Old English Game Bantam, a Black Mottled Japanese Bantam(my only roo), and 4 5-day-old Jubilee Orpingtons(my dream chicken)! I have wanted the Jubilee Orpingtons for years and my mom said we are never getting more chickens but it turns out chicken math works on literally everyone with time xD. That was a lot lol but like I said I could talk about my chickens for hours lol
Oh, a Columbian Wyandotte! There aren't many people on here who have them. I have one, and she's so nice! I have eighteen chickens, all different breeds with some mixes in there.

I've found it yes and no. People who have them seem to love them, but I've actually not seen a huge amount of owners/breeders here on BYC. @Sussex19 and I practically run the semi active Sussex thread 😅
When I see someone in the what breed/gender forum with light sussex, I always say to myself; 'they must be a fellow Australian!'
So far, I have always been proved right!
(not saying there are none elsewhere, but that has been my experience.)

Back
Top Bottom