Amador County - California

Debby M

Hatching
Jul 16, 2015
I'm new to backyard chickens and live in Amador County in California. I'm about 40 miles south east of Sacramento. Are there any members near me??
D.gif

Hello Debby M, I also live in Amador county and I'm new to raising chickens and currently building a chicken run so we can raise our chicks and chickens. Do you know where I can buy local chicks by owners? I don't want to order on line to have those poor chicks shipped in the box.

If anyone else know where to buy local chicks to raise, please reply! :)

Hi there. We adopted some year old hens & then I went to the Feed Barn in Jackson to buy 5 more chicks. Chicks are now 15 weeks old & I've just recently added them to my chicken coop/run with the 4 adult hens. They're still figuring out this combining of 2 little flocks. :). Are you near the Feed Barn? There's a bulletin board where you might find info on homegrown pullets/hens. Also try Ranchers Outlet on hwy 16 outside Plymouth. They had pullets earlier but not sure now. Where are you located? I'm outside of Ione. Welcome to chickens! :)

Hi there. We adopted some year old hens & then I went to the Feed Barn in Jackson to buy 5 more chicks. Chicks are now 15 weeks old & I've just recently added them to my chicken coop/run with the 4 adult hens. They're still figuring out this combining of 2 little flocks. :). Are you near the Feed Barn? There's a bulletin board where you might find info on homegrown pullets/hens. Also try Ranchers Outlet on hwy 16 outside Plymouth. They had pullets earlier but not sure now. Where are you located? I'm outside of Ione. Welcome to chickens! :)
I'm near the Jackson Feed Barn but they are all out of the chicks for the season. I should have checked the bulletin board, I will try the Ranchers Outlet, I hope i'm not too late. There is a lady that breeds silkies in Lincoln but it is a bit far to travel but I might go anyways and get some chicks and pullets from her. I'm in Volcano about 20 mins from Jackson. Thanks for your help, hope to chat again soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom