Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hey Susan
1f60a.png
how r u doing? Well, truthfully probably not. BUT...if I could I'd take Eve, my blue wheaten, she's just beautiful, zero leakage, and Snuggle Bug my wheaten, Bo, my blue wheaten also has very clean hackles with no leakage! They would be the the ones.
My dark blue John Wayne I don't think I pictured, maybe I'll try and post a few more pics later, closer ones. He's not as big as my others though.
I saw Ravyn's black from you, he's just gorgeous....
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png

I'm going to breed Eve and Bo the two blue wheatens, and my two wheatens together. JW gets my two blues and my surviving black hen. My hen that I aspirated was my nicest black, she was really pretty and good sized.
Best part? I get to buy the Brinsea next week!! I'm gonna have babies!!
But I've only wormed my AMs with Wazine, still need to get them wormed with Valbazan!
Then, it's on!!!
1f603.png

Most days, I'm going 0-90 by the time I finish my coffee. lol With the new Handbook, a show this weekend, chicks hatching and needing to be shipped...well, let's just say I've got my hands full.

The nice thing about it is that I'm asleep at night before my head hits the pillow.

Most days, I'm going 0-90 by the time I finish my coffee. lol  With the new Handbook, a show this weekend, chicks hatching and needing to be shipped...well, let's just say I've got my hands full.

The nice thing about it is that I'm asleep at night before my head hits the pillow.

Fast to sleep is a blessing! Hope they do well at the show! Do you only raise blacks or also blue wheatens?

Fast to sleep is a blessing! Hope they do well at the show! Do you only raise blacks or also blue wheatens?

Wheatens and blue wheatens were my first variety in Ameraucanas - I've been breeding those since 2011 or 12...can't remember. I started with a single wheaten cockerel and a blue wheaten pullet from Jean's line (Pips and Peeps).

Then I got blacks from Paul Smith and Clif Redden - this is my this third year with them and I added blues from Clif and Sharon Yorks last year. :)

Chicken math at work. lol

Last edited:
Wheatens and blue wheatens were my first variety in Ameraucanas - I've been breeding those since 2011 or 12...can't remember.  I started with a single wheaten cockerel and a blue wheaten pullet from Jean's line (Pips and Peeps).

Then I got blacks from Paul Smith and Clif Redden - this is my this third year with them and I added blues from Clif and Sharon Yorks last year. :)

Chicken math at work.  lol

When you have some time I'd love to see your blue wheaten hens.
1f49b.png

Marchick!! Thank you, it's about time right? Lol
1f60a.png
. I get to get an incubator in about a week! Did you ever use that giant one the old man gave you?

You will have to show chick pictures. I never even fired up the incubator. I will be going in for another surgery so not going to do much hatching this year. He made my shoulder much worse so I will go to Seattle this time.

You will have to show chick pictures. I never even fired up the incubator. I will be going in for another surgery so not going to do much hatching this year. He made my shoulder much worse so I will go to Seattle this time.

Oh yeah, you told me that. I feel so bad fo you! What a screwed up deal...
Me? Post chick pics??? ALWAYS!
:jumpy. :weee

Back
Top Bottom