Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Well, last week, I posted about not evaluating your birds too early. This weekend's show emphasized that...for me, at least. I took a small group of birds to a double show in Edgefield, SC this past weekend - three black cockerels, and one black hen. We came home with this:

Grand Champion CH LF CH AOSB BB BV Black Cockerel
This is the same boy I nearly culled at 6 months, but decided to wait and see...sooo glad I did!
Congratulations!
ya.gif
That's a lot of letters in front of his name!

I know only a little about AM, but they seem to take a long time to finish out, as this proves. Learning, learning, learning.

Well, last week, I posted about not evaluating your birds too early. This weekend's show emphasized that...for me, at least. I took a small group of birds to a double show in Edgefield, SC this past weekend - three black cockerels, and one black hen. We came home with this:
Grand Champion CH LF CH AOSB BB BV Black Cockerel​
This is the same boy I nearly culled at 6 months, but decided to wait and see...sooo glad I did!
AWESOME!!! Geezs, I LOVE your blacks Susan!!!

Grand Champion CH LF CH AOSB BB BV Black Cockerel

That is Awsome Susan! He is beautiful! I almost couldn't wait for you to post the picture on here!

I almost didn't. LOL..felt like I had done enough bragging. :)

But, hey - this was my first Grand Champion - who's to say what is enough bragging? LOL

I am glad you put the picture up! You havn't bragged enough! Well...... don't brag too much because I still want chicks and everyone else will want them too!
big_smile.png

A lesson in evaluating cockerels too early. I very nearly culled this boy at six months. This picture is him, yesterday, at 10 months. :)
Wow!!!
Grand Champion CH LF CH AOSB BB BV Black Cockerel​
Catching up, was behind on the thread... I quoted your earlier pic and was gonna ask you if he was your cockerel that took Grand Champion!!!! :celebrate Nice work, Susan!! They just keep getting better and better!!! :drool :highfive:
I almost didn't. LOL..felt like I had done enough bragging. :) But, hey - this was my first Grand Champion - who's to say what is enough bragging? LOL
For that win, you were rather modest IMO... :D I'd be driving everyone sick with pics and posts!!! :gig Btw, our very first Balthazar baby has arrived!!! :ya
Out of O80, I am impressed already!! :love And making his debut sporting our very first toe punch, lol... :D

Back
Top Bottom