Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hi Henry,
Here are some birds from our own BYC breeders, Jean Ribbeck and Heather Perkins.
I know you will love this pic Jean, their your babies all on one leg. LOL

376227298.jpg

Beautiful Birds If I keep on with this after college im going to defently get some birds from those guys they are beauties.

Henry

I found some old pictures of my Buff and Wheaten hens when they were just pullets
4305_dscf1356.jpg

4305_dscf1355.jpg

4305_dscf1744.jpg

And here are some of their super blue eggs mixed with cuckoo Marans and Delawares
4305_dscf1418.jpg

4305_dscf1488.jpg

4305_dscf1566.jpg

Last edited:
Keep it going everyone! What line of birds do you think would compliment my birds the cockeral and pullets in post #2?

Thanks,
Henry

Quote:
Awsome can't wait to see the lavenders I had one really beautiful splash pullet but I lost her to fox while I was away.

Henry

What color was the origional color of the breed befor the color variations? How were you able to keep the very blue eggs in the color variations? Boy do I have a lot to learn.

I was thinking a yellowish brown egg and blue egg equals green. Is that how they got the easter egger? something like RIR bred with auracana ?

I have a couple of australorps that lay eggs that are very pink in color next to my freinds RIRs.

I saw somone talking about lavender eggs, wonder if pink times blue equals lavender.
Just curious about this and how somone managed to get lavender eggs.

I am just love these blue egg layers

Last edited:
Quote:
Aveca- The "lavender eggs" that we are talking about is the Lavender Ameraucana color variety shown by chickenstalker in the post above. I wish I could answer your other questions but I am waiting myself to hear and answer.

Chicken Stalker- BEAUTIFUL BIRDS
droolin.gif
: I have one little Wheaten from peachick but she isn't that beautiful yet. Those lavs are to die for ahhh!

Back
Top Bottom