Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Just had to share this.. after several years of trying we are FINALLY getting mottled chicks from our mottled ameraucana project
wee.gif

And the egg color is fabulous too!

Must have set 150 eggs last year - and got one chick - the cockerel was infertile, then the coyote attack......

So far this year every single egg has been fertile!! I can't believe it!

HUGE thank you to DAK and Mr. Woodiel

cockerel - split mottled

Mottled Ameraucana Egg with blue marans eggs

Lovely! Some of those pullets look like they have decent pigment, and nice egg color!

Hello all,
So come spring time because sadly here in montana I don't find it feasible to hatch and brood all winter the way I did in California, come spring I'm looking to expand my flock. Where would be a good source for either eggs or chicks for some Blue wheatens. A friend gave me a beautiful little hen who sadly got killed by a hawk, but we loved her personality and looks.

Just had to share this.. after several years of trying we are FINALLY getting mottled chicks from our mottled ameraucana project
wee.gif

And the egg color is fabulous too!

Must have set 150 eggs last year - and got one chick - the cockerel was infertile, then the coyote attack......

So far this year every single egg has been fertile!! I can't believe it!

HUGE thank you to DAK and Mr. Woodiel

cockerel - split mottled

Mottled Ameraucana Egg with blue marans eggs
Those are gorgeous, i don't know whether I like those or Jerryse's barred am's better.

Hello All,
I have tried two different times to reach Paul Smith via the email from the Am club website. I am getting an error message each time. Can anyone help me? Also, I live in California. Do you know of breeders of BW and Wheaten Am's that I might be able to get some pullets or eggs (if close enough) from?
Thank you!

PS. Linda Ferguson from Sac doesn't have either right now.

Hello all,
So come spring time because sadly here in montana I don't find it feasible to hatch and brood all winter the way I did in California, come spring I'm looking to expand my flock. Where would be a good source for either eggs or chicks for some Blue wheatens. A friend gave me a beautiful little hen who sadly got killed by a hawk, but we loved her personality and looks.
Where are you located in MT?

Hello All,
I have tried two different times to reach Paul Smith via the email from the Am club website. I am getting an error message each time. Can anyone help me? Also, I live in California. Do you know of breeders of BW and Wheaten Am's that I might be able to get some pullets or eggs (if close enough) from?
Thank you!

PS. Linda Ferguson from Sac doesn't have either right now.

i live in sacramento and breed bantam ams black and wheaten

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom