Ameraucana thread for posting pictures and discussing our birds

Hello everyone. I have a question about my 7 month old Wheaten Ameraucana. She is a special girl for me and she seems quite healthy. She is just so much smaller than my other birds her age.
She was from a bad hatch. We lost power on day 17, and she was the only survivor, which makes her a pricey girl LOL! Maybe this has contributed to her size.

(she is dirty in the pic)

Her body shape has just surprised me, I wasn't expecting the roundness in this breed.
I think she is getting pretty close to lay. Should I expect a growth spurt soon?

Maybe she's a bantam?

well almost done securing the bottoms of the four coops and then goes the netting on top and then the temp tarp for the winter..check out the progress below...also building my own incubator for you diy ers
check it out below in blue

I'm curious about something...one of my Ameraucanas folds her wings consistently so her wing tips are on the outside, not the inside. You can't really notice unless you are standing right over her and then you can see that her sides are not smooth as her wingtips are untucked. Is this a fault that would preclude me from breeding her?

I'm curious about something...one of my Ameraucanas folds her wings consistently so her wing tips are on the outside, not the inside. You can't really notice unless you are standing right over her and then you can see that her sides are not smooth as her wingtips are untucked. Is this a fault that would preclude me from breeding her?

Could you posts picture. I can't see what you are trying to describe

Consider all things to be genetic until proven otherwise . so yes I would not breed her .

Could you posts picture. I can't see what you are trying to describe
Here's a view from above...you can see her wing feathers arching slightly away from her body.

Here's a side view.

While I was out taking pics of her she flew up onto my shoulder. After flying back down again, her wings seemed to be tucked properly. I can extend them and tuck them but they don't seem to stay that way. Is this something you have seen?

Here's a view from above...you can see her wing feathers arching slightly away from her body. Here's a side view. While I was out taking pics of her she flew up onto my shoulder. After flying back down again, her wings seemed to be tucked properly. I can extend them and tuck them but they don't seem to stay that way. Is this something you have seen?
Oh I see. I have a production red (she is a great broody) that has feathers like that but hers are much worse. I guess you could alaeays do some test breeding but I personal would just move on with a different bird

Back
Top Bottom