American(Buff, Blue, Lavander,etc.)goose thread! Post pics!

Pics
Thats true with the gene thing because my brown african gander has buff gene in him and makes pure buff goslings and one or two brown

I bought Blue's and Lavender's from Holderread's last year and I asked about the color genetics. This is what I was told:

Blue x Blue → mostly Blue, Some Lav, occasional Gray/Saddleback
Lav x Lav → Lavenders, rarely Lavender Saddleback
Blue x Lav → 1/2 each normally, occasional Saddleback
Blue ♂ x Buff ♀ → usually Blues, occasional Grays
Buff ♀ x Blue ♀ → males are mostly Blue and occasional Gray; females are either Buff or Cream
(I think that last one was meant to be Buff male x Blue female)

Last edited:
For me blue lavender and grey all look the same¡¿?!

You're not looking close enough. I have a pair of lavender that are the most beautiful soft lavender. Also have a pair of blue. The male looks blue, but the female looks grey like the grey color of a pilgrim female. These came from Holderreads. I would guess she came from blue x blue breeding. I should put the blue goose with the lavender gander, but then I have to deal with an odd ball gander.

Here you can see (l to r) lavender american, blue american, embden, lavender american, embden, and blue american (I think is a grey).

These will be Sebastopol's but will put the different colors on here. You can see the difference in their colors! Hopes this helps on the differences of colors and yes there is a big difference in the colors......
Servpolice here are the differences in the colors.

The grey s a dark color even darker then here when they molt and get new color in. Some are even grey black in color.

The Blue is a much lighter silvery blue color.

The lavender are really light silver.

Grant he is a grey

Berrie a blue

Nikki Lavender front middle

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom