Angel Wing Treatment

View attachment 1446583 Here’s a photo. I started clavamox 125mg. It feels hot to touch. But he is acting normal; eating, drinking, swimming. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Hi you! :frow :hugs
So sorry for your little beauty. Don’t beat yourself up about it! They are awesome little healers. I hope the clavamox does the trick.

I don't think I'd use Blue Kote on the wing being you'll not be able to get a good idea what it looks like when it's purple. Can you wash it off real good with warm water with salt mixed in? and keep the lil one inside away from flies or your going to be dealing with maggots.

I don't think I'd use Blue Kote on the wing being you'll not be able to get a good idea what it looks like when it's purple. Can you wash it off real good with warm water with salt mixed in? and keep the lil one inside away from flies or your going to be dealing with maggots.
:goodpost:I wouln't use BluKote either. Not sure what I would do except to keep it clean. Is that brown stuff scab?

Ok, thank you guys for the info. No Blu Kote, then. That’s a very good point about not being able to see the wing under the purple. I will keep them inside. (I didn’t think of the flies either). They get very stressed when separated so I’ll keep all of them in and let them use the bathtub a lot. I can’t believe this happened!! I’ve been so upset all day. And yes, the brown stuff is like a scab. It was oozing but stopped. I guess I just have to keep up the antibiotic and wait and see. Can ducks live without a wing? When I first wrapped it he got it off in about 3 seconds so I did it tighter the second time. It must have been to tight. Oh man, I know you learn a lot of lessons when keeping animals but sometimes they are so heartbreaking!

Ok, thank you guys for the info. No Blu Kote, then. That’s a very good point about not being able to see the wing under the purple. I will keep them inside. (I didn’t think of the flies either). They get very stressed when separated so I’ll keep all of them in and let them use the bathtub a lot. I can’t believe this happened!! I’ve been so upset all day. And yes, the brown stuff is like a scab. It was oozing but stopped. I guess I just have to keep up the antibiotic and wait and see. Can ducks live without a wing? When I first wrapped it he got it off in about 3 seconds so I did it tighter the second time. It must have been to tight. Oh man, I know you learn a lot of lessons when keeping animals but sometimes they are so heartbreaking!
:hugs:hugs:hugs
We all make mistakes. It wasn't intentional. I wouldn't have ever thought that would happen!! So sorry that it did happen, but I am glad you have shared that info so now we all know that is a possibility.

Back
Top Bottom