Angel Wing Treatment

Pics
:hugs:hugs:hugs
We all make mistakes. It wasn't intentional. I wouldn't have ever thought that would happen!! So sorry that it did happen, but I am glad you have shared that info so now we all know that is a possibility.
I agree. Everyone on this thread probably has had a duck get out of a wrap. So we used more tape and wrapped tighter!:hugs

:hugs:hugs:hugs
We all make mistakes. It wasn't intentional. I wouldn't have ever thought that would happen!! So sorry that it did happen, but I am glad you have shared that info so now we all know that is a possibility.
Thank you, I appreciate it. Honestly, I’m good with animals. I love animals. And my only goal to to have or help ANY animal be healthy & happy. So it’s crushing to screw up. I almost didn’t want to post because I was embarrassed by what I did. But I figured if I could do it then someone could make the same mistake and look for answers. And you guys give such valuable advice. It’s priceless!

Again, thank you everyone for the input and just the basic support. It means a lot. As of this morning he’s still acting normal. When I’m done with coffee I’ll take him out and see how it looks and update.

:thumbsup Awesome. I tell ya these birds are amazing at what they can recover from. It's a good thing since we've all learned some tough lessons from them. I agree with everyone he will be fine just keep him safe from the flies and give it time to heal. Not sure I'd let him get it wet a lot so it can dry out and heal though. What do you think about swimming @casportpony @CayugaJana

Just another update. The little guy is doing much, much better. It’s about 75% better. The scab is very small now and the shoulder area (that was the large, seeping scabby area) looks normal! Amazing how resilient they are. It must have been a nasty infection and the antibiotics are doing the trick. I’m going to name this fellow “lucky” since he’s had a few close calls and was a non-thriving runt. Also, the angel wing looks corrected. No feathers sticking out at all. I’ll post some pics of the wing tomorrow. Thank you all!! Lots of love!

@RubyNala97 - I am relieved to hear everything is doing better. I'm so sorry if the method caused more heartache than it was worth. My only intention was to share what had worked for me in the hopes that it would help others. Hopefully someone here has some ideas on what could cause a reaction like that. I had to wrap my cayuga pretty tight, but she had it off in 24 hrs anyway (which seemed to be enough to fix it), so maybe it was the length of time? I hope all is well.

Back
Top Bottom