Anyone have multiple sclerosis?

I was diagnosed in 1994 after many months of testing. I was so sensitive to heat that I would wet my top sheet and wring it out good and lay down with a fan blowing on me. I had a lot of fatigue and spent a lot of time resting or sleeping . I got up only to eat and use the bathroom. I am not as badly affected now but not quite in remission either. I walk kind of funny but only my friends notice most of the time. I fall down frequently and store people freak out thinking i am scamming them to sue them. I just tell them I have a condition which causes me to fall and ask them to get a couple of handsome fellows to hoist me up. I have fallen down my back steps on my back landing on my concrete car port. That was pretty awful since I cant take any pain medication. Now I have other health issues and its hard to figure which symptom goes with which condition. Sometimes I think its easier to list what I don't have than what I do have. LOL I just hang in there and get through one day at a time.

I feel like that a lot! The fatigue just kills me. I've broken an ankle, cut open my entire hand, and I always wear jeans, since I'm always falling and scraping myself on stuff. It's so crazy to just keel over or lose my balance sometimes, and there isn't even anything in my way!!!
barnie.gif

I don't have much feeling in my hands and arms either, so sometimes if I cut or hurt myself, I don't even know it until I see blood. My kids are really good about keeping their mess in their room, thank goodness. They know there will just be A LOT more chores for them if I get hurt!!! Made building the chicken coop interesting, I had a lot of people to help out though! It's when my eyes start getting funny that I really get worried. I'd hate to wake up blind or almost! That's when I go and get the IV steroid treatment. It's hard having an invisible disease. Best to ALL of us! And come on winter!!!!
frow.gif
And I have to say, ever since I left my worthless husband and live with my family now, life is a lot better. Proved to me that stress really does make MS worse. That's why we love our chickens!!!
love.gif

Quote:
Right on! I don't have Multiple Sclerosis, but I do have Multiple Chickens!
gig.gif
Sorry,..... had to say it.
smack.gif

gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif
tongue2.gif

still giggling, can't believe I never thought that!!!

Quote:
Right on! I don't have Multiple Sclerosis, but I do have Multiple Chickens!
gig.gif
Sorry,..... had to say it.
smack.gif

gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif
tongue2.gif

still giggling, can't believe I never thought that!!!

gig.gif
gig.gif
yuckyuck.gif

Just wondering if any of us chicken people have MS too. I find my chickens to be very relaxing and therapeutic!
love.gif
I only found this post today, I have RRMS and have just got 3 (12 week old) black Langshan hens. I find being with the chickens makes me very happy and I have less anxiety and less depression.

I’ve got RRMS and I’m hoping my foray into chicken keeping (and chicken math 😉) makes for a pleasant and rewarding hobby.

I’m doing great right now - but every day is a new day with this beast.

Back
Top Bottom