anyone in England ?

They look fab! I have 11 currently, 6 hens, 2 roos and 3 chicks.
P1080309.JPG

You can see the Swedish Flower hen and roo, the RIR and 1 of her chicks (which is actually a SFH, parents standing either side of the RIR), one of 2 Norfolk Greys and one of 2 Lavender Araucanas at the back. There's also a LA cockerel, who hatched August last year. The other NG is incubating 3 SFH eggs, but she's an erratic broody and I am not expecting any of them to hatch.

They look fab! I have 11 currently, 6 hens, 2 roos and 3 chicks. View attachment 1770845
You can see the Swedish Flower hen and roo, the RIR and 1 of her chicks (which is actually a SFH, parents standing either side of the RIR), one of 2 Norfolk Greys and one of 2 Lavender Araucanas at the back. There's also a LA cockerel, who hatched August last year. The other NG is incubating 3 SFH eggs, but she's an erratic broody and I am not expecting any of them to hatch.

Wow, they are beautiful looking birds. You should be very proud of them, as they are
stunning. Bet they are spoilt rotten with you.lol Do you show them. ????
And thank you for the link, will look now.

Hi all I'm in the USA. But I'm looking to impoetsome true English orpingtons and looking for a way to find some breeders. And help on how to get the stuff done to import them to the US. Thanks for all the help and info a head of time.
Aphis has all the information you need on how to import and countries of origin allowed.
https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/ourfocus/animalhealth/animal-and-animal-product-import-information
It is a very lengthy and expensive process. My best advice is to make several trips there. Travel the countryside where Orpingtons are common, go to markets and shows. Meet farmers and breeders to find the highest quality birds around. Then arrange for and agree to pay for all of the national vet examinations. Then find 3 or more breeders who can guarantee a date when they will have sufficient eggs available for sale. That's when you make your last trip, have all the paperwork in order and hand carry all the eggs back here so they won't be x-rayed.
After all that work and expense, I wouldn't trust those valuable eggs to any carrier other than myself.
You'll also want to design carry on bags that you can pack as many eggs as possible into to make the importation worth your while.
Ever wonder why Greenfire Farms chickens are so expensive?
Often they bring birds in that are much rarer than English Orpingtons. They may only find one or two farms with sufficient birds and the willingness to undergo the scrutiny for exportation so they may only bring in as few as 20-40 eggs and have to propagate a breed from those few hatchlings.

hello Devs - welcome to BYC :frow
I’m looking for something a little more discreet and portable.
I use scaffolding netting, loosely hooked onto rebars (the sort you see holding orange plastic fencing on construction sites everywhere); both are cheap as chips to buy, and easy as pie to move, erect and roll up again when you're done with it. Because it is attached loosely, it moves in the wind, and apparently deters foxes as a potential death trap; the top is also unstable so birds can't perch on it. You can of course drape it over the top too if required. I use it as a temporary barrier as required; I'm not sure it would work as a long term installation though. Here you can see it in use to confine new birds to home them.

Attachments

• P1050515.JPG
    P1050515.JPG
    813.6 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom