August 2023 hatch-a-long

Oh how exciting on your eggs.

I hate staggered hatches and normally try to avoid them.... But I picked up eggs from a couple different local people on a Fri/ Sat... My shipped ones said Wed. Didn't want local sitting too long, plus I ended up with extra eggs so borrowed an incubator so that was perfect.... Move some to borrowed incubator and others in mine..... Well then I only had 1 developing from the local eggs (Set on a Tue), then only 3 from shipped... Set on a Thurs... So 2 days apart.

Then kept out 4 of the local eggs to give a coworker but that just didn't work since we couldn't get things right to meet up with the eggs. So after having those for 11 days I finally threw them in my incubator so they are a week behind shipped eggs, but all others from that local seller quit so don't have much hope..

Then won the eBay eggs, and the shipped seller sent me more since only 3 developed... And I wanted to set a few from the 2 colored egg layers I do have...... So now it is a mess!!!!!

My coop is almost done!!!! But we are busy the next 3 weekends which is basically when we have to work on it. But I have one section that needs HWC, need to install auto door which should be easy, need to block off section between walls and roof so nothing can get in there. Then the inside of the coop, putting tile on floor, build poop boards and roosts..... But the people door was a bit warped so that is screwed in place hoping it straightens back out, so can't really get in there yet since I don't want to mess the door up ....Lol

Here is the run expansion and new coop.
That looks amazing!

That looks amazing!
Thanks! It has been in the works for SOOOOOO long! LOL I wanted it done before the middle of MAY! since after that we started getting busy with weekends away, grad party etc.. So started it and well ya that didn't happen so then there are weeks at a time that nothing gets done. Hopefully we can find time in the evenings to get stuff done over the next week or two so it can finally be finished!!!!!!! I NEED to get it all opened up so everyone has more room! I do open the run portion so the chickens have that extra room but only when I am home right now since there is a good size gap between the front wall and roof still.

well the ebay eggs are at my PO. they called me. The other eggs still just say "in transit to next destination" (funny how one set came from SC one NC yet one gave tracking along the way and the other never does) hopefully the other eggs get there sometime in the next 7 hrs so I can get both at the same time!

Got the 12 CCL eggs. They are so pretty! Still waiting on the other eggs....

Attachments

• IMG_20230713_151546626.jpg
    IMG_20230713_151546626.jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 9
Selling off some birds today to make room for my new ones...

I have abt 14 more to get rid of...
I am in the process of selling extra babies I have. Still have 3 boys and think 1 more pullet... Then have Tiki, that is a cockerel but I keep trying to convince myself otherwise that I need to find a new home for

Then I have some younger ones but can't tell gender yet, no combs on any still and no way I got lucky with 5 pullets and no roos. Lol

Back
Top Bottom