August 2023 hatch-a-long

Pics
Of my six, only 2 hatched. They had a rough egg-hood though. First they were in a store fridge, then with a momma hen who crushed or ate 2 eggs, then when they got moved into incubator, some didn't even make it that far. Don't feel bad though, they have friends from meyer's on the way, (tomorrow?)

2all.PNG

I have 24 barnyard mix eggs in the incubator right now that should be hatching on the 21st. I also have 12 Cream Legbar eggs in the incubator, but it looks like none of them are viable :hit . I got the Legbar eggs off of Ebay, and shipped hatching eggs is always a risk. I was just hoping I'd be the lucky one and have some hatch. Oh well 😩. Legbars have been on the wish list for a while, but I'll just have to wait till next year to get some chicks. Unfortunately, I will be away when the eggs are going to hatch, so someone is going to take care of them. It's kind of sad that I won't be able to see them hatch, and I always feel like it will go better if I'm there when they hatch. I wish I knew someone who lived close to me and who was chicken crazy like me, it would just be more reassuring.
Wishing the best of luck for everyone else!

I have 24 barnyard mix eggs in the incubator right now that should be hatching on the 21st. I also have 12 Cream Legbar eggs in the incubator, but it looks like none of them are viable :hit . I got the Legbar eggs off of Ebay, and shipped hatching eggs is always a risk. I was just hoping I'd be the lucky one and have some hatch. Oh well 😩. Legbars have been on the wish list for a while, but I'll just have to wait till next year to get some chicks. Unfortunately, I will be away when the eggs are going to hatch, so someone is going to take care of them. It's kind of sad that I won't be able to see them hatch, and I always feel like it will go better if I'm there when they hatch. I wish I knew someone who lived close to me and who was chicken crazy like me, it would just be more reassuring.
Wishing the best of luck for everyone else!
What day are you on?? I didn't think it through to do the math..but not too far...fingers crossed you see some development...

I've purchased eggs on ebay 3 times... 2 of which were awful...
3rd time is my current hatch and they are pipping early... keeping my fingers crossed for ya

Looks like the eggs under the broody are coming along nicely. I estimate babies (if all goes right) in less than two weeks. I'm going to need to set something up for them since they'll be outdoor babies.
I brooded my last 3 batch of chicks outdoors...it was much much easier then indoors...

This batch I'll be keeping indoors for a wk or 2 then sending them out...

I'd love to see what set up you come up with!

Thank you...
Woke up to a second pip...

Guess we are gonna have some early hatches!!!

Checked the one with the pip from last night ...its chirping!

I need encouragement to be hands off... 🤚

I know they can do this...I start to worry after 12 hrs...but I know it can take 24 till they actually zip....

I'll be leaving the house for a good bit today so hopefully they'll do their thing
It is so hard and those 24 hrs feels like days!!!! Lol

I brooded my last 3 batch of chicks outdoors...it was much much easier then indoors...

This batch I'll be keeping indoors for a wk or 2 then sending them out...

I'd love to see what set up you come up with!
I'll probably modify some rabbit cages, or make a small run with a covered area with the hardware cloth. Something I can move around on the grass too, so they can do some foraging.

I'm mostly worried about the time of year, as nights are getting chili, and even days are cooling down. Why the heck did they all go broody this late in the season??! :gig :idunno

What day are you on?? I didn't think it through to do the math..but not too far...fingers crossed you see some development...

I've purchased eggs on ebay 3 times... 2 of which were awful...
3rd time is my current hatch and they are pipping early... keeping my fingers crossed for ya
I'm on day 5 with the Legbar eggs. The Legbar eggs are 2 days behind the Barnyard mix eggs. There still is a chance for them to start developing...... but normally I can see the Embryo by now when I candle the eggs.

I'm sorry that you awful experiences. I hope this 3rd time goes well for you. Make sure you update me! Wishing you the best of luck! Thank you so much!

Back
Top Bottom