Australorp Pride! Let's see those pics!

Pics
20180330_071649.jpg

This is my sons girlfriends roo, she took him from me when we needed to find him a home.

Do australorp pullets get their tail feathers first, before the guys do? I have 3 babies. Two have tail fathers and one doesn't, but the one who doesn't has a much bigger comb. So I was wondering what it all means!!
This isn't the best pic, but maybe you can see the difference.

Attachments

• DSC_0214.JPG
    DSC_0214.JPG
    990.4 KB · Views: 8
I would imagine that it could fall asleep on her. As long as it get's better as she works the kink's out of it.

I'm in the middle of a hatch right now, but the 3 that are in the process of hatching out are the White Breese.

Update on my broody: she abandon the eggs when we had 3 really cold days. They were developing nicely, but I didn't try to incubate them. Once she stopped sitting, her limp resolved.

4E9F9801-FB64-4EF2-9DC6-A336CB49118F.jpeg

This is my Australorp, Lapis, posing for us in the coop doorway. I didn’t think I’d like plain black chickens, but she’s beautiful, both her color and her proportions, just the perfect chicken. She’s also a wanderer and she likes to sneak away from the flock to visits my bantams, one of whom she fancies quite a lot.

Back
Top Bottom