Avian influenza found in South Carolina

Pics
I just found this today at NC Ag site-

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THURSDAY, JAN. 27, 2022

High Path Avian Influenza now confirmed in wild birds
at three sites in North Carolina​

RALEIGH – High Path Avian Influenza has now been confirmed in 53 hunter-harvested wild waterfowl at three sites in North Carolina. These sites are Hyde County, a site located on the Pamlico/Beaufort County line and a new site in Bladen County. These are the first wild birds in the United States to have Eurasian H5 HPAI since 2016. The positive samples were collected by USDA as part of its ongoing surveillance program for early detection of HPAI in collaboration with state wildlife agencies.

Link to full article-

https://www.ncagr.gov/paffairs/rele...bgIPgMgMzWCQX7yGAbuZb-ba6GywJ1ADRyigrbxCDT53Y

Oh my gosh! I didn't know about this until this evening! This is terrifying! Does anyone know if its in WA yet? Thanks everyone for posting all these links, I'm really glad I know.
Just added a massive roll of bird netting to my Amazon cart.
I only have one run that is roofed, how do I figure out what states are on the list? I want to know how much time I have to build my next covered run. I've been planning it for a while, its time to get the thing built, and fast.
I might have to move the ducks into the roofed run and the chickens into the garage if it spreads to Wa. I'm not risking catching that.
Thank for all the info everyone! This is so important to know.

Oh my gosh! I didn't know about this until this evening! This is terrifying! Does anyone know if its in WA yet? Thanks everyone for posting all these links, I'm really glad I know.
Just added a massive roll of bird netting to my Amazon cart.
I only have one run that is roofed, how do I figure out what states are on the list? I want to know how much time I have to build my next covered run. I've been planning it for a while, its time to get the thing built, and fast.
I might have to move the ducks into the roofed run and the chickens into the garage if it spreads to Wa. I'm not risking catching that.
Thank for all the info everyone! This is so important to know.

At the moment it's only on the east coast and has been found in water/shore birds.

There's no need to panic or go canceling chick orders or anything. Just to take some sensible precautions. :)

I just found this today at NC Ag site-

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
THURSDAY, JAN. 27, 2022

High Path Avian Influenza now confirmed in wild birds​

at three sites in North Carolina​

RALEIGH – High Path Avian Influenza has now been confirmed in 53 hunter-harvested wild waterfowl at three sites in North Carolina. These sites are Hyde County, a site located on the Pamlico/Beaufort County line and a new site in Bladen County. These are the first wild birds in the United States to have Eurasian H5 HPAI since 2016. The positive samples were collected by USDA as part of its ongoing surveillance program for early detection of HPAI in collaboration with state wildlife agencies.

Link to full article-

https://www.ncagr.gov/paffairs/rele...bgIPgMgMzWCQX7yGAbuZb-ba6GywJ1ADRyigrbxCDT53Y
Did it arrive in the Fayetteville are yet?

Back
Top Bottom