Avian influenza found in South Carolina

Pics
I thought of this thread when I received a Gmail from Harbor Freight recently. Irregardless of contagious avian diseases, I have a good use for these when I don't want to risk stepping in poop while inside coops wearing my "good shoes." $9.99 for 50pr seems like a good price.
https://www.harborfreight.com/work-bootshoe-covers-50-pk-58664.html

I have a good use for these when I don't want to risk stepping in poop while inside coops wearing my "good shoes." $9.99 for 50pr seems like a good price.
Oh, I was just wondering where to get something like these! And I'll be going by a Harbor Freight next week. Thank you!

I thought of this thread when I received a Gmail from Harbor Freight recently. Irregardless of contagious avian diseases, I have a good use for these when I don't want to risk stepping in poop while inside coops wearing my "good shoes." $9.99 for 50pr seems like a good price.
https://www.harborfreight.com/work-bootshoe-covers-50-pk-58664.html
These will be great, thanks! I can also give them to anyone who might have to enter the coop to put on before hand.

That man took ducks from the wild to live in his house. I don't feel bad for him whatsoever and he is lucky they didn't give him anything else
True. You’d figure after 20+ years of caring for them and considering himself to be an expert that he would have at least had more common sense than to bring them inside his home…Now there’s probably wild duck poo EVERYWHERE :sick

AI found in my county in wild geese.... which fly over my poultry yard 2x every day. My turkeys are free range and sleep in the trees.

Screenshot_20220310-165828.png

I'm 14 minutes from where the hawk in Wake County NC was found on March 4. It's not been on the news or anywhere except the aphis list. Contacted NPIP today and they didn't even know about it! Not sure how they expect to keep flocks safe when they don't even have a communication pathway for notifying the backyard authorities. Sigh. Our birds are under roofs and behind tarps.
I have a dedicated pair of shoes for each area, kept right inside the door of the run. I step out of my farm boots and in to the coop Crocs for each area. If you use a foot bath, keep a brush by it. You have to remove all the dirt, since the virus could be picked up in a clump. If the clumps falls off in there and the bleach didn't get to the middle, that's a problem. Then you need to step directly into the clean area.

Back
Top Bottom