Avian influenza found in South Carolina

Pics
Yes, chickens being raised to pump out eggs for sale.
I do believe it is still in NC.
Wild Birds
Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 12.03.51 PM.png

So, no cases found in backyard flocks, or?

Is it worse? (In NC), or better?

All wild birds so far in NC, about 143 reports since January.
The following are from March.

North CarolinaBrunswick3/18/2022EA H5N1Brown pelicanWild bird mortality NCWRC/SCWDS (4)
North CarolinaPamlico3/18/2022EA H5Ruddy duckWild bird mortality NCWRC/SCWDS (4)
North CarolinaBeaufort3/18/2022EA H5N1Bald eagleWild bird mortality NCWRC/SCWDS (4)
North CarolinaDavidson3/18/2022EA H5N1Bald eagleWild bird mortality USFWS/SCWDS (11)
North CarolinaWake3/4/2022EA/AM H5N1Red-shouldered hawkWild bird mortality NCWRC/SCWDS (4)

North CarolinaBrunswick3/18/2022EA H5N1Brown pelicanWild bird mortality NCWRC/SCWDS (4)
North CarolinaPamlico3/18/2022EA H5Ruddy duckWild bird mortality NCWRC/SCWDS (4)
North CarolinaBeaufort3/18/2022EA H5N1Bald eagleWild bird mortality NCWRC/SCWDS (4)
North CarolinaDavidson3/18/2022EA H5N1Bald eagleWild bird mortality USFWS/SCWDS (11)
North CarolinaWake3/4/2022EA/AM H5N1Red-shouldered hawkWild bird mortality NCWRC/SCWDS (4)
Oh come on. Wake county isn’t too far from me.

And we have a hawk here… it’s staying around here :(

Bird flu confirmed in PA, virus detected in wild bald eagle found dead, officials say

Officials say the latest bird flu has made its way to Pennsylvania.

The state game commission made the announcement Friday.

They say the bird flu, or highly pathogenic avian influenza virus, was detected in a wild bald eagle found dead in East Marlborough Township, Chester County.

Officials add that they’re waiting for lab test results from five wild hooded mergansers with suspected HPAI recovered from Kahle Lake on the Clarion and Venango county line.

Four of the birds were found dead and they say the fifth was euthanized after showing neurologic signs.

https://wjactv.com/news/local/bird-...d-in-wild-bald-eagle-found-dead-officials-say

I think this is the first report from Pennsylvania.

Bird flu confirmed in PA, virus detected in wild bald eagle found dead, officials say

Officials say the latest bird flu has made its way to Pennsylvania.

The state game commission made the announcement Friday.

They say the bird flu, or highly pathogenic avian influenza virus, was detected in a wild bald eagle found dead in East Marlborough Township, Chester County.

Officials add that they’re waiting for lab test results from five wild hooded mergansers with suspected HPAI recovered from Kahle Lake on the Clarion and Venango county line.

Four of the birds were found dead and they say the fifth was euthanized after showing neurologic signs.

https://wjactv.com/news/local/bird-...d-in-wild-bald-eagle-found-dead-officials-say

I think this is the first report from Pennsylvania.
Crap! My family farm is in Clarion County

Back
Top Bottom