Avian influenza found in South Carolina

I think public sales is the term used for auctions. TSC would be a retail sale not a public sale.
I am not 100% sure but think that may be the case.
That's how I took it on the last article up there (feed store owners wonder..) I was warned off of flea markets & swaps d/t the other diseases that some have come across at them, & that seems to be the focus.

I think public sales is the term used for auctions. TSC would be a retail sale not a public sale.
Their ability to communicate clearly is lacking. Since they list "swap meets, auctions, etc..." listing "public sales" makes no sense. Sounds like feed store owners were concerned it would affect them too.

Yes, that link says:

“This is not, for say, pet stores, or that type of thing. We’re talking about open sales, auctions, swaps, poultry shows. Those types of things where we have a large group of people that are coming together with maybe a mixed group of birds.”
Mike Martin, State Veterinarian

Yes, that link says:

“This is not, for say, pet stores, or that type of thing. We’re talking about open sales, auctions, swaps, poultry shows. Those types of things where we have a large group of people that are coming together with maybe a mixed group of birds.”

So there shouldn't be any issues with me selling birds via Craigslist.

Yes, that link says:

...and this is why we can't *reasonably* expect politicians to make sensible policy.

...and this is why we can't *reasonably* expect politicians to make sensible policy.
The State Vet is turning out these ambiguous statements. Then later he says "pet stores" are not included? Uhhh....how many pet stores sell chicks? I am sure some do somewhere but the vast majority are sold through feed stores not "pet stores". What planet is that guy on?

The State Vet is turning out these ambiguous statements. Then later he says "pet stores" are not included? Uhhh....how many pet stores sell chicks? I am sure some do somewhere but the vast majority are sold through feed stores not "pet stores". What planet is that guy on?
People who have pet dogs may think of Tractor Supply as a "pet" store. It does sell dog food, dog leashes, dog toys, etc. It also sells chicks. (Of course it sells many other things too.)

People who have pet dogs may think of Tractor Supply as a "pet" store. It does sell dog food, dog leashes, dog toys, etc. It also sells chicks. (Of course it sells many other things too.)
But he is representing the NC State Agriculture Department! Farming, livestock, poultry etc...not "pets". Guessing he is a small animal vet that was appointed to that position because he was someone's "friend".

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom