Avian influenza found in South Carolina

That's what it says. I haven't had time to search for anymore info. I have read some countries are using vaccines. I don't know which countries.
Or what vaccines.
When I search I find fowl pox vaccines... Which someone mentioned and we didn't believe

Try googling this phrase-

avian influenza vaccines scholarly articles

They have been developed. There are also scientists working on better vaccines. I do not have a source to quote but I believe I read the US also has avian influenza vaccines in the national stockpile. I also have read they are seeing that culling so many commercial birds is very expensive and we need a better solution. Avian influenza is world wide and in wild birds now. We don't want it to wipe out and affordable source of protein for many all over the world.

Or what vaccines.
When I search I find fowl pox vaccines... Which someone mentioned and we didn't believe

There are a few fowl pox vaccines. They aren't effective against every strain. Sort of like the human annual trivalent flu vaccine. They pick a few strains to innoculate against, and hope.

There are efforts to make an AI vaccine effective against all H5 and all H7 variants. Which are innumerable.

China has been using an H5/H7 bivalent for around five years, and recently introduced a tirvalent H5/H7. Best case, about 90% effective. Which, in commercial flocks of thousands, isn't really effective. There are also early indications that other H-type AIs become more common as H5/H7 are vaccinated against. Since only LPAI H5 and H7 are known to evolve into HPAI variants, an increase in H9 isn't immediate cause for panic- but is cause for concern and further study.

UM is working on it here.

There are also early indications that other H-type AIs become more common as H5/H7 are vaccinated against.
Ahhh, similar to what happen when they started giving Hib vaccines to babies. They started seeing more cases of the other serotypes. My granddaughter died at 14 mths with h. influenza serotype E. Drs. were so amazed because this type is rare. They couldn't understand how she got it. With time studies showed why. Vaccines can do this sometime.

Ahhh, similar to what happen when they started giving Hib vaccines to babies. They started seeing more cases of the other serotypes. My granddaughter died at 14 mths with h. influenza serotype E. Drs. were so amazed because this type is rare. They couldn't understand how she got it. With time studies showed why. Vaccines can do this sometime.
I'm so sorry!

Our family has had some horrible vaccine reactions, but we have been fortunate that none were lost.

Back
Top Bottom