Avian influenza found in South Carolina

Looks like there haven’t been any cases for 5 days according to APHIS, and they’re all in colder areas. Pairing that with the downtrend in cases perhaps there is hope for an end in summer? Though it could just be the fact that there are 38M fewer birds. And as heather said perhaps less testing, both in wild birds and flocks.
Could the holiday weekend makes the testing behind

I really have nothing to base my thoughts on, but I do not think they are randomly testing wild birds along the south eastern states anymore but only relying on reports of birds acting suspiciously or found dead.

It just concerns me because there are areas birds could die but not be found. So how do we know there is less virus in an area just because there is no reports of dead birds?

I really have nothing to base my thoughts on, but I do not think they are randomly testing wild birds along the south eastern states anymore but only relying on reports of birds acting suspiciously or found dead.

It just concerns me because there are areas birds could die but not be found. So how do we know there is less virus in an area just because there is no reports of dead birds?
In Illinois they said don't report dead wild birds unless 5 or more together...

In North Carolina:

C73FF5A7-67A3-4552-A9B8-31B3BB1464A5.png

Back
Top Bottom