Ayam Cemani's: Questions About The U.S.'s Most Expensive Chicken

I only charge $200 per day old chick for both Ayam Cemani and Svart Hona. Eggs usually run about $50 each these days but I don't recommend people ship Cemani eggs as they don't ship well. Chicks are the better route to go in the long run.
Did your Ayam Cemanis come from Greenfire? I tried private messaging you but couldn't .. maybe because I don't have enough posts here?

Did your Ayam Cemanis come from Greenfire? I tried private messaging you but couldn't .. maybe because I don't have enough posts here?
No my line of Ayam Cemani started from Toni-Marie Astin line. I have made selections during breeding so it's probably not correct to call them her line anymore. I bred towards the Dutch Standard for Ayam Cemani.

My Svart Hona are original imports and unrelated to Greenfire's line. I do also own a Svart Hona rooster from Greenfire but I keep chicks from that rooster separate from my original line.

Did your Ayam Cemanis come from Greenfire?  I tried private messaging you but couldn't .. maybe because I don't have enough posts here?

No my line of Ayam Cemani started from Toni-Marie Astin line.  I have made selections during breeding so it's probably not correct to call them her line anymore.  I bred towards the Dutch Standard for Ayam Cemani.

My Svart Hona are original imports and unrelated to Greenfire's line.  I do also own a Svart Hona rooster from Greenfire but I keep chicks from that rooster separate from my original line.

DCchicken, trying to learn from all who are breeding fibromelonistic hyperpigmentation chicken breeds. That said, why keep two lines of Svart Hona seperate? Are the two lines very different in type or saturation? Or are you doing this in this way to work on the lines seperate to improve each? Seeing where they will go and later to perhaps bring the non Greenfire line in with the Greenfire line?

Another question I have, is there record or photographs charting the Standards such as you mention Ayam Cemani Dutch Standard.
Forgive my newness but I've heard of many countries with Ayam Cemani. ....the UK, Indonesia, Java, Sumatra, well many asian countries....and I know Sweden has the Svart Hona reported coming from Ayam Cemani brought by sailers 400 years ago, have come to look a bit different ...even more cold tolerant.

Are there 'standards' for each country that has Ayam Cemani ? Are they closely setup to be in agreement or is there big differences ...

Such as mulberry comb and wattles or only black....white or mulberry or black ear patches...height...length of back ...weight...comb size as well I've heard mention number of spikes too...is this true? Do you know if these countries agree?

I've also read that in the UK there are shows...but I don't know how many competed....so I'm not aware how well the shows have done.

The fm locus is so fascinating. ..there is so much to try and understand. ...

I'd appreciate anything you could share in what you have learned..

Thanks

We breed black meat Kadaknath chicken which has more protein, less fat and low cholesterol, which makes it best suited for diabetics and heart patients. "The research has shown a significant 24% linoleic acid content in Kadakanth chicken, which can help combat diseases like cancer and cardiovascular diseases, asthma and osteoporosis. Refer recently published articles in the link http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-getting-special-tag/articleshow/45503067.cms,

Regards

Yousuf

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
[COLOR=333333]Hello,[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I'm considering buying some Ayam Cemani's. Originally I thought to buy less "exotic" chicken just for a DIY thing to do around the ranch, but since I came across these I'm left with quite a few questions and I was hoping for answers from the -experts-?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Greenfire Farms is the only place I have found that sells Ayam's and they are $2,500 each.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]1. Is there a place to buy Ayam's cheaper (Being a normal U.S. resident without any special certifications)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]2. How quickly can the Ayam's breed, let's say I buy 3 hens and 1 rooster, how quickly could I theoretically make an "Ayam Farm" of sorts[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]3. Do you foresee the price of these dropping vastly now that they are in the states and breeding will happen, or will the price remain relatively stable? (Not dropping below $500 a bird)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]4. Could you cross-breed the Ayam Cemani with the Swedish Flower Hen to create a new breed of all black chicken?[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]***5. I was under the impression that this breed was only recently imported to the United States for the first time. Is this inaccurate? After some search of BYC, info suggests that there are a variety of breeders, if there are, why is the price still so high?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Best,[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]CM[/COLOR]

Contact Fibro Farms through their facebook page. They have the best deals without sacraficing quality. I personally met Cliff, he is a great guy who has been breeding quality birds for the last several years. Never heard of a complaint about him anywhere. He has a large selection of quality fibro breeds and you will definitely be satisfied with his Ayam Cemani, Yeonsan Ogye, or whatever else.

Back
Top Bottom