Baby chick pecked by broody hen URGENT!

Thank you for your response! Her right side definitely got hit harder, her eyes starting to swell some and won’t open eye. Keeping a close eye on her hoping the swelling goes down 🤞🏻❤️
I’m so glad she’s going to be alright. ❤️ Once the swelling is gone, you’ll be able to see if there’s damage. Please keep us posted!!!

Hi! Is still bleeding?
The right side of her face has seem to finally stop, just cleaned again and applied polysporin to the area. I think the right side got pecked closer to her eye. I work at a vet clinic so Monday will take home antibiotic drops for her eyes

Ok, glad it stopped, poor baby 😭. Clean the wounds with saline, or warm soapy water twice a day, then put the plain antibiotic ointment on it. The rooster booster will work for her as an electrolyte boost, however she might not drink much since she's newly hatched. Keep an eye on her if you see bright green poops you may need to show her how to eat. For now, keep her warm ina brooder and put a little mirror and maybe a toy to snuggle with.

Ok, glad it stopped, poor baby 😭. Clean the wounds with saline, or warm soapy water twice a day, then put the plain antibiotic ointment on it. The rooster booster will work for her as an electrolyte boost, however she might not drink much since she's newly hatched. Keep an eye on her if you see bright green poops you may need to show her how to eat. For now, keep her warm ina brooder and put a little mirror and maybe a toy to snuggle with.
I ended up ordering these products (pictures below) I’ve been using a dropper to offer her water and she’s been taking it. I have her in a cardboard box at the moment in the house with heating plate since my brooder is way to big for her in the state she’s in…. I’d feel bad putting her in there. She’s snuggled up in a blanket at the moment chirping away. I really hope she makes a full recovery. There should be more chicks hatching soon hopefully. Once they do I’ll put her in the brooder.🐣

I ended up ordering these products (pictures below) I’ve been using a dropper to offer her water and she’s been taking it. I have her in a cardboard box at the moment in the house with heating plate since my brooder is way to big for her in the state she’s in…. I’d feel bad putting her in there. She’s snuggled up in a blanket at the moment chirping away. I really hope she makes a full recovery. There should be more chicks hatching soon hopefully. Once they do I’ll put her in the brooder.🐣

Attachments

• 2853AFE1-789B-4ECA-AF34-4CB01504ED20.png
    2853AFE1-789B-4ECA-AF34-4CB01504ED20.png
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • 612C054F-147E-4455-9647-60480E2250C0.png
    612C054F-147E-4455-9647-60480E2250C0.png
    749.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom