Baby ducks throwing up??

Rainstorm

Songster
10 Years
May 25, 2009
Lake Placid FLorida
My two orders of baby ducks came in on wed and thurs.. I noticed today whenever I pick some up they shake their heads and watery food comes out and sometimes just spit up thick clear watery liquid?? their only 4-5 days old. is this normal or is something wrong with them??

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry, it's a normal reaction. They are just understandably scared of you since you are so much bigger and they are throwing up in response. As long as you keep a continuing supply of food & water, they will be fine. The throwing up should stop in a few days.

ok thanks! I was worried because when I had got ducklings from tsc before they didnt do it, didnt think about the part that they have people and kids picking them up all day long anyway! LOL

I have 3 pekin ducksand they are about 2-3 weeks old. I was holding one of my ducks and it threw up a clear liquid. They do that because they have drank too much water. They get water logged very easily. But also make sure you supply them water at all times. Make sure they don't drink too much though.
jumpy.gif

Glad I found this thread because my new little guy is doing this at least once a day. He's struggling to throw up this time and I just feel bad watching him. Glad this and his little Budda belly is normal!

Back
Top Bottom