Baby rabbits in chicken coop

BabeMj

Chirping
Jan 8, 2022
Hi I found baby rabbits at the bottom of my chicken coop yesterday there are 4 of them. They stayed overnight and they won’t leave my chickens didn’t hurt them but rabbit mom is no where to be found. Not sure how to care for the rabbits does anyone know?
254C6551-4FFD-4544-9F34-BD3D1BB3FAB6.jpeg

Before anything else, I would make sure that the mom is not there. If she is, she'll take care of them, and if not maybe call a local wildlife rehabilitater?

Before anything else, I would make sure that the mom is not there. If she is, she'll take care of them, and if not maybe call a local wildlife rehabilitater?
They slept at the bottom of the coop last night. Didn’t see mom around. Is there something I can do to help them?

Hi I found baby rabbits at the bottom of my chicken coop yesterday there are 4 of them. They stayed overnight and they won’t leave my chickens didn’t hurt them but rabbit mom is no where to be found. Not sure how to care for the rabbits does anyone know?View attachment 3817783
That is so cool but rabbits can have lice. I'd call your state DNR (Department of Natural Resources) and ask what to do and explain this is important as usually they'll just tell you to let nature take its course.

In the meantime, I'd fix them a box and set it outside of your coop. Maybe momma will come take care of them there.

Those babies are actually old enough to survive on their own. Remove them from the coop, and leave them alone.

Momma rabbits usually only visit a nest with babies once, maybe twice, a day. Otherwise they stay near the nest but far enough away not to lead predators to the babies. I promise you, those babies are fine and do not need help.

Back
Top Bottom