Backyard Book Club

I can see why someone might be offended by some parts of Gulliver's Travels. Then again I’m a librarian and if you’re not offending someone you probably aren’t doing a good job. I mean some of the banned books are crazy! Like…Winnie the Pooh, Green Eggs and Ham, and Charlotte’s Web.

I can see why someone might be offended by some parts of Gulliver's Travels. Then again I’m a librarian and if you’re not offending someone you probably aren’t doing a good job. I mean some of the banned books are crazy! Like…Winnie the Pooh, Green Eggs and Ham, and Charlotte’s Web.
Winnie the Pooh honestly shocked me when I saw it was on the list!

Winnie the Pooh is a great book!

Now you know talking animals are evil! We can’t let people be exposed to talking animals! 🫠😳

really? I read it as a child, so don't remember much. what would be offensive about it?

Back
Top Bottom