Bad Feed?

... But as some else pointed out, most here have no time or money for that.
None have the time or money for it? Not a single one? Not any of the people on facebook? Not even the bloggers, youtube people - including the one giving away a (much, much newer - and much, much, much, much nicer - than my truck) pickup truck in a drawing of all who are willing to sign up?

At the first three labs I checked it cost $10 to test the crude protein.

It costs $130 to test the Cysteine, Methionine, Lysine, Aspartic Acid, Threonine, Glutamic Acid, Proline, Glycine, Alanine, Valine, Isoleucine, and Leucine.
Who does the analysis? A three letter agency?
May not get answers that way. ...
If one is really worried about that - send a few samples without saying what brand it is or that it isn't your own mix. Different labs or different names, depending on how deep one thinks the conspiracy might go. See if unexpected results come back similar to each other.

Edit to add: what time? You scoop a sample and mail it in. It took 30 seconds to find a page of options of different labs. I'm having trouble seeing what else might take time.

Last edited:
Who does the analysis? A three letter agency?
May not get answers that way. Although it would be good if an independent lab could check feed from someone who noticed a problem but saw it change after switching feeds. But as some else pointed out, most here have no time or money for that.
Just waiting for y'all to pick the lab. I will send some Producer's Pride off tomorrow once you choose the lab you want me to send it to.

Feed is regulated at the state level with guidance from the AAFCO Manual and Federal regulations. The states randomly test feeds and compare the results to tag guarantees. Each feed company has their own Quality Control Department that monitors ingredients for nutrition and quality. There are a handful of suppliers to the feed industry for vitamins, trace minerals, and specialty ingredients. If there was an issue with a specific ingredient it would more than likely affect more than just one feed company or brand.

Trying to determine the cause of production deficiencies can sometimes be a search for a needle in the haystack. BTDT.

Feed is regulated at the state level with guidance from the AAFCO Manual and Federal regulations. The states randomly test feeds and compare the results to tag guarantees. Each feed company has their own Quality Control Department that monitors ingredients for nutrition and quality. There are a handful of suppliers to the feed industry for vitamins, trace minerals, and specialty ingredients. If there was an issue with a specific ingredient it would more than likely affect more than just one feed company or brand.

Trying to determine the cause of production deficiencies can sometimes be a search for a needle in the haystack. BTDT.
Oh, I know.

I'm having difficulty finding some of the bad feed. No one around here is experiencing the issues with the TSC feeds in question. I'd like to test some that others have had problems with. Anyone willing to send me some of theirs? Or get theirs tested?

Back
Top Bottom