Bantam Frizzle Cochin needs a new home (Southern California)

sharptooth

In the Brooder
Nov 17, 2023
We are looking for a new home for our bantam frizzle cochin, Landlady. We named her that because she looks like a mean ol’ lady, asking you for rent money 😂

Some background and fully transparency:
We’re unsure how old she is, but she was laying when we got her, and has been with us for around 1 year. She is smart as a whip - extremely aware of her surroundings, and sometimes I swear she understands what we’re saying.

Unfortunately the rest of our small flock are silkies, and anyone who has silkies can attest that those fluffballs are not the brightest and easy to push around. While we wouldn’t call Landlady a bully, she definitely takes top spot in the pecking order amongst the more docile silkies. She looks out for the flock, and rallies them if she thinks a threat is nearby (usually, a harmless squirrel or crow), but we do sense that the silkies are stressed out around her. It was a hard decision, but we think that she would fair better in a more balanced flock, maybe one with a variety of birds.

She is just coming to the tail end of a molt, and is currently not laying. When she is laying, she is very consistent, averaging 4-5 eggs a week.

We are not looking for any rehoming fee - we just want her to go to a loving home where she will NOT be eaten (I assume this goes without saying…but I’ve just heard too many terrible rehoming stories).

We are located in the Orange County area, but happy to offer drop-off to LA, San Diego, Riverside.

Thank you for reading, and please reach out if you’d be able to make Landlady part of your flock family 🫶

Attachments

• IMG_2428.jpg
    IMG_2428.jpg
    924.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_2429.jpg
    IMG_2429.jpg
    885.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
I live in Highland CA on two acres with two chickens that I coop up at night. If you want to deliver. Contact me here.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are looking for a new home for our bantam frizzle cochin, Landlady. We named her that because she looks like a mean ol’ lady, asking you for rent money 😂

Some background and fully transparency:
We’re unsure how old she is, but she was laying when we got her, and has been with us for around 1 year. She is smart as a whip - extremely aware of her surroundings, and sometimes I swear she understands what we’re saying.

Unfortunately the rest of our small flock are silkies, and anyone who has silkies can attest that those fluffballs are not the brightest and easy to push around. While we wouldn’t call Landlady a bully, she definitely takes top spot in the pecking order amongst the more docile silkies. She looks out for the flock, and rallies them if she thinks a threat is nearby (usually, a harmless squirrel or crow), but we do sense that the silkies are stressed out around her. It was a hard decision, but we think that she would fair better in a more balanced flock, maybe one with a variety of birds.

She is just coming to the tail end of a molt, and is currently not laying. When she is laying, she is very consistent, averaging 4-5 eggs a week.

We are not looking for any rehoming fee - we just want her to go to a loving home where she will NOT be eaten (I assume this goes without saying…but I’ve just heard too many terrible rehoming stories).

We are located in the Orange County area, but happy to offer drop-off to LA, San Diego, Riverside.

Thank you for reading, and please reach out if you’d be able to make Landlady part of your flock family 🫶

Is she still available! We are actually looking to get 2 Frizzles but don’t want to start chicks. (That should say my husband doesn’t lol) I’m in Orange County too. You are welcome to check out my FB to see our well loved girls.

Back
Top Bottom